"Cozmo" joins Bungie as new Community Manager (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 15:15 (3218 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 15:32

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13142

He's the former head and creator of the Destiny Subreddit. Whatever your opinion of reddit or that destiny community in general, it's hard to deny that that place wasn't run like clockwork.

Deej isn't going anywhere, either.

That's great news! I endorse Cozmo.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 15:16 (3218 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

"Cozmo" joins Bungie as new Community Manager

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 15:31 (3218 days ago) @ CyberKN

Or urk either for that matter.

Good move. He ran that thing very very well for what it is.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 15:44 (3218 days ago) @ CyberKN

Though I'm afraid this may marginalize non-Reddit Destiny communities.

Hopefully they kind of use him as a Reddit liaison which will allow Urk and deeJ to do more community interaction with other Destiny fansites, whether they be here, Planet Destiny, or places like Twitch.

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 17:11 (3218 days ago) @ Funkmon

Hopefully they kind of use him as a Reddit liaison which will allow Urk and deeJ to do more community interaction with other Destiny fansites, whether they be here, Planet Destiny, or places like Twitch.

Have no fear. Cozmo is not a Reddit-liaison. He's a CM. That begins with Bungie.net and radiates outward in every direction.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. We have yet to bring in the Godfather so the new earner can pay tribute. Claude, please join us at Rock Bottom as soon as possible.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 17:18 (3218 days ago) @ DeeJ

Have no fear. Cozmo is not a Reddit-liaison. He's a CM. That begins with Bungie.net and radiates outward in every direction.

I see that now that I saw he stepped down as the subreddit moderator, and especially with this reply. Thanks for assuaging my unfounded doubts. More community managers = more gooder.

Claude runs Bungie confirmed.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 17:26 (3218 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 17:55 (3218 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Yeah I know, I suck at Photoshop.

Just... Wow.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 17:59 (3218 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Is the 'wow' @ his PS skill or the brilliance of the pic? ;)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 18:03 (3218 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 00:02 (3218 days ago) @ dogcow

Both.

Also, this needs to be submitted for the Destiny art contest.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 00:10 (3218 days ago) @ Beorn

Both.

Also, this needs to be submitted for the Destiny art contest.

I have no idea how to do that.

They haven’t said yet

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 00:11 (3218 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I think instructions are coming in the Weekly Update.

Good to know.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 00:12 (3218 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 18:08 (3218 days ago) @ iconicbanana

um those are amazing skills, not terrible

I... I...

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 18:20 (3218 days ago) @ iconicbanana

At least I'm wearing a shirt.

Do we have quote board around here?

by Earendil, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 20:28 (3218 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Confirmed: Claude does not wear pants.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 20:59 (3218 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

New banner.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 18:40 (3218 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 22:03 (3218 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Not to scale.

Hey DeeJ

by petetheduck, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 23:30 (3218 days ago) @ DeeJ

Now that there are 3 community managers, do you guys form a perfect Fireteam; Hunter, Warlock, Titan?

If so, you guys could totally be the community vanguards, one for each of us to rally behind. Plus sweet photo opportunity for you guys to gather around a table and look at some maps or something.

Hey DeeJ

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 23:56 (3218 days ago) @ petetheduck

Now that there are 3 community managers, do you guys form a perfect Fireteam; Hunter, Warlock, Titan?

If so, you guys could totally be the community vanguards, one for each of us to rally behind. Plus sweet photo opportunity for you guys to gather around a table and look at some maps or something.

Both Deek and Urk are primarily Warlocks. I think I've heard that Cozmo mains a Hunter, but that could be totally wrong.

Uh... yeah I would say he mains a Hunter...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 00:10 (3218 days ago) @ Speedracer513

What a strange person.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 00:37 (3217 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

What a strange person.

by Cozmo23 ⌂ @, Dallas, Friday, July 17, 2015, 01:54 (3216 days ago) @ Funkmon

You are not wrong.

How boring :/

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 05:55 (3217 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 23:42 (3218 days ago) @ DeeJ

There's a joke in here somewhere... Space magic something something, but I just can't seem to be able to find it... ;)

by Cozmo23 ⌂ @, Dallas, Friday, July 17, 2015, 01:51 (3216 days ago) @ iconicbanana

A true masterpiece.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 17:42 (3218 days ago) @ DeeJ

But I'm getting ahead of myself. We have yet to bring in the Godfather so the new earner can pay tribute. Claude, please join us at Rock Bottom as soon as possible.

Claude, can you get them drunk enough to get them to leave a Hawkmoon in my special orders? Thanks!

Remember how Urk responded to that question ;p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 17:43 (3218 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Thanks for the clarification

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 19:22 (3218 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

"Cozmo" joins Bungie as new Community Manager

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 18:21 (3218 days ago) @ CyberKN

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13142

He's the former head and creator of the Destiny Subreddit. Whatever your opinion of reddit or that destiny community in general, it's hard to deny that that place wasn't run like clockwork.

Congrats, Cozmo!

We know you're one of us, but drop in now and then. We crave validation. ;-)

Can We Blame Him For Stuff?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 00:06 (3218 days ago) @ CyberKN

It has to be unfounded randomness in the heat of the moment, you gotta remember that.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread