Who's going to gamestop to buy this crap? (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 24, 2015, 09:55 (3205 days ago)

Pre-order Destiny: The Taken King and receive the GameStop Exclusive SUROS Arsenal Pack!

Upgrade your weapon arsenal and customize your Guardian with access to the SUROS Arsenal Pack. The SUROS Arsenal Pack includes a SUROS Foundry themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Scout Rifle to bolster your combat capabilities, as well as a SUROS Foundry themed Emblem and Armor Shader that you can use to customize your Guardian and show off in Destiny's Social Spaces.

[image]

You have to buy the $80 version.

http://gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/122690

Just another money maker

by TheeChaos @, Friday, July 24, 2015, 09:58 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

reading the article and seeing the guns I was like HELL YES.

Then I saw it was a pre order bonus for the new game, so yea spend 80 dollars, even though youve been a loyal customer so far (if you have all the expansions and such). Sad thing is to new people coming in, this is just the standard pre order bonus, to us it is something we might actually want.

tsk tsk

Well... Me?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 24, 2015, 10:06 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

Tis my only way to get my Strange Coin...

I guess me too.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, July 24, 2015, 12:36 (3205 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

God dammit Activision :/

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 24, 2015, 10:50 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Who's going to gamestop to buy this crap?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, July 24, 2015, 11:49 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'll get the weapons. I don't care about the shader, all I care about is the emblem. It looks cool.

On a side note, the day there is a legit red and black shader for my Titan will be the happiest day of my Titan's life. I mean, I just don't care about those stupid red and white. Why does Bungie like the White and <enter color here> shaders!? bahhhh

Okay, rage done. Go about your lives.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, July 24, 2015, 13:16 (3205 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I was just about to answer that it's probably the same reason they got rid of all-black coloring in Halo (all-black characters were hard to see and thus had a PvP advantage, or at least that was the rumor). But then I remembered that there's an all-black shader (from Dead Orbit, I think?).

So, I guess I have no idea. Bungle, need moar black+other shaders, plz.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, July 24, 2015, 13:19 (3205 days ago) @ stabbim

So, I guess I have no idea. Bungle, need moar black+other shaders, plz.

Yeah, I've been rocking the Crota shader on my Titan cause at least it's Mostly black with shiny orange underlays. Which is no red, but it is better than all the other stuff out there...

Red is the best of anything.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 24, 2015, 13:25 (3205 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Red is the best of anything.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, July 24, 2015, 13:42 (3205 days ago) @ red robber

Wow, are you my long lost brother? You like Red, you like Titans and I can only assume that you like red on titans.

I feel like I know you.

Brother from a southern mother. *img*

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 24, 2015, 13:53 (3205 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

[image]

meh

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, July 24, 2015, 12:06 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

gear is probably crap, or very basic. they aren't going to give anything away with a preorder that's better than raid gear.

Not even if I were going to buy the $80 edition.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, July 24, 2015, 12:27 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

I would rather give business to Amazon.

by urk, Friday, July 24, 2015, 14:02 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

Huh. Odd that they printed this on the image you linked then!

"Weapons Pack can be attained by pre-order of digital or physical editions of Destiny: The Taken King..."

:)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:05 (3205 days ago) @ urk

Huh. Odd that they printed this on the image you linked then!

"Weapons Pack can be attained by pre-order of digital or physical editions of Destiny: The Taken King..."

:)

What about a Hawkmoon? Can I preorder and get one of those?

Good point. I will go to gamestop to buy this crap.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:06 (3205 days ago) @ urk

It only showed up on their website for the $80 version when I looked for it! At least on my phone.

Not Gamestop Exclusive

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 24, 2015, 14:09 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

"Early access to both Suros Arsenal Pack and [Vanguard] Weapon Pack are available starting 09.15.15. Suros Arsenal Pack and [Vanguard] Weapon Pack can be attained by pre-order of digital and physical editions of Destiny: The Taken King or by the purchase of the digital or physical Collector's Edition. Suros Arsenal Pack and [Vanguard] Weapon Pack both can be attained from gameplay starting 01.01.16. See www.destinythegame.com[2] for additional details. Suros Arsenal Pack and [Vanguard] Weapon Pack not exclusive to any retailer or platform. Subject to availability."

(From blurry text at bottom of flier)

Wait. Why is gamestop promoting it as exclusive?

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:07 (3205 days ago) @ Xenos

I guess they mean it is a timed exclusive.

They aren't, they just try and act like they are :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:09 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

Gamestop always uses the word exclusive when they can, notice they didn't here. That flier is just supposed to make you THINK it's exclusive without using wording they would get in trouble with the publisher for using.

Their tricky words worked on me!

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:12 (3205 days ago) @ Xenos

Urk pointed out you don't have to get the expensive version, and you pointed out it's not even exclusive, but I, the potential customer, figured I could ONLY get it from Gamestop, ONLY preordering the expensive one.

I'm a stooge!

Bungie confirms + not Exclusive to any store

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:18 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:23 (3205 days ago) @ CougRon

"Surprise appearance on internet." It's on Gamestop's website, dudez, not some leakist's Twitter account.

I wonder when this was supposed to be announced.

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, July 24, 2015, 16:08 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

Why didn't he explain what it was in the bungie news post instead of making us search the Internet to find it somewhere else?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, July 24, 2015, 16:11 (3205 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Why didn't he explain what it was in the bungie news post instead of making us search the Internet to find it somewhere else?

I suspect Bungie wasn't planning on releasing this news yet... Looks like Gamestop let it slip early. I saw a post from Deej saying something like "good thing I revealed the Suros weapons in the BWU!"

(Looking for the exact link now).

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 24, 2015, 16:12 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

"Surprise appearance on internet." It's on Gamestop's website, dudez, not some leakist's Twitter account.

I wonder when this was supposed to be announced.

I'm guessing the surprise part was it was planned to be released today.

lack of Vortech is an Xbox timed exclusive.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, July 24, 2015, 15:53 (3205 days ago) @ Funkmon

I deleted my XBONE pre-order when Xbox had the discount on the expansion pass. I wanted to have a shot at getting the emblem before TTK launch and the total price delta at that point was too great (but it would have been even greater if I waited for the 60 dollar release.) and I didn't want to need physical media.

This is what I find so odd and funny about the accusations of this being a well oiled cash extraction plan. The plans all conflict with each other and create cross incentives. I'm still not sure if I'll get TTK on Xbox right away since it's my secondary platform for Destiny; waiting for the price drop worked out to be just about the right timing on year one.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread