It's here! The Law Of The Jungle - Destiny Official Trailer

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:05 (3990 days ago)
edited by SigbiasSilva, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:11

Whooo!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:09 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:13 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by TDSpiral, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:10

Total bonerage.

I usually don't care about these live-action/CG trailers, but this one is actually really good.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:15 (3990 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Totally bonerage.

I usually don't care about these live-action/CG trailers, but this one is actually really good.

In part because now we know when we'll get to see the real game. I'm gonna have to sneak into E3 again this year!

by petetheduck, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:23 (3990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So, wow. Sony and Bungie, sittin' in a tree..

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:02 (3990 days ago) @ petetheduck

So, wow. Sony and Bungie, sittin' in a tree..

I'm surprised! It seems like they're really making a break from Microsoft. Back In February I figured they'd be at the XBone reveal as well but it looks like Sony must've made them a pretty sweet deal. Sony's E3 conference is going to be big.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:18 (3990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In part because now we know when we'll get to see the real game. I'm gonna have to sneak into E3 again this year!

Heh, yeah. It's not that long to wait, either. :)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 21:30 (3990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Totally bonerage.

Hold on there, sparky. You're starting to sound excited.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:17 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

So awesome, I love the mood. Looking forward to seeing some REAL destiny.

Also: In before "wolfpack" hangover jokes

by Mr Danger, Scotland, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:21 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

I love it, I hope we get more trailers like this that focus on the warlock and the titan too.

They had me at Giancarlo Esposito.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:30 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

That was really unexpected. I like it!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:36 (3990 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

That was really unexpected. I like it!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:39 (3990 days ago) @ Grizzlei

If Homicide becomes their go-to show for acting talent the way Firefly was, I won't complain.

I love colors. I love designs. I love music. :)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:31 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

... Not to mention a love for Los Pollos Hermanos...

The Chicken Brothers?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:36 (3990 days ago) @ Leviathan

EDIT: Did you mean Los Lobos Hermanos?

The Chicken Brothers?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:45 (3990 days ago) @ Mr Daax

EDIT: Did you mean Los Lobos Hermanos?

It's a Breaking Bad reference, specifically Giancarlo Esposito's character.

Gotcha ;)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:47 (3990 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Few thoughts

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:14 (3990 days ago) @ Leviathan
edited by Stephen Laughlin, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:20

• Holy Shit, it's that guy from Breaking Bad!
  • Destiny Ship poster on the wall behind him, The Traveler visible outside the window along with some kind of blue ship taking off?
    [image]

• I didn't notice at first, but there's a good shot of a Fallen spider tank behind the Captain at 00:28. You can see a little how it moves.
  • Speeder chase! Looks like the Pikes have guns on the front.
  • Cabal with the shields reminding me a lot of Hunters from Halo. Apparently they explode violently when they die lol
  • Some symbols on the Titan and Hunter.
    [image]

Few thoughts

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:19 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

[*]Cabal with the shields reminding me a lot of Hunters from Halo. Apparently they explode violently when they die lol

When you use the -Redacted- then yes, yes they do.

Few thoughts

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:42 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Cabal with the shields reminding me a lot of Hunters from Halo. Apparently they explode violently when they die lol

I actually took the explosions to be tied with that special pistol not the Cabal. What with the "pink electricity" appearing after they've been shot/as they explode, and something similar when the Hunter reloads.

Also the Cabal explosions end by pulling into themselves, that's kinda cool like a black hole-ish something or rather!

*EDIT* Looks like I should have read INSANE's post first heh.

Few thoughts

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:52 (3990 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Cabal with the shields reminding me a lot of Hunters from Halo. Apparently they explode violently when they die lol

I actually took the explosions to be tied with that special pistol not the Cabal. What with the "pink electricity" appearing after they've been shot/as they explode, and something similar when the Hunter reloads.

Also the Cabal explosions end by pulling into themselves, that's kinda cool like a black hole-ish something or rather!

*EDIT* Looks like I should have read INSANE's post first heh.

Yeah, that makes sense. :)

I wonder if that's something that will translate into the game itself with special weapons or attacks causing alternate death animations. I think there was a bit of that in the Mass Effect games with the different kinds of ammunition.

Few thoughts

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:26 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I think there was a bit of that in the Mass Effect games with the different kinds of ammunition.

Yep. Borderlands too.

Few thoughts

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:27 (3990 days ago) @ stabbim

I think there was a bit of that in the Mass Effect games with the different kinds of ammunition.

Yep. Borderlands too.

Technically Halo 4 as well.

Few thoughts

by zumphry ⌂ @, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 19:06 (3990 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Yep. Borderlands too.

Technically Halo 4 as well.

Marathon had different deaths depending on weapon (soft death, hard death, explosions, flamethrower, tickle them to death with punching). Same with Pathway's crystals (one turns monsters into stone & stuff). Plus Myth's various means of blowing stuff up.

GOD BUNGIE, STOP COPYING BUNGIE.

Few thoughts

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:25 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I took that more as the effect of the gun. Which appears to have either an extreme armor-piercing ability, or teleporting bullets.

Few thoughts

by Oz Mills, Friday, May 24, 2013, 05:48 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Holy Shit, it's that guy from Once Upon A Time!

Fixed that for you, there.

The cherry on top

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:40 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by Grizzlei, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:52

Bungie, or whoever does their hybrid Live Action-CGI trailers, always gets these things just right. A very subtle and poignant message in the real world and emotional action in the realm of fantasy. Really surprised at this trailer even existing, at least this soon. I don't think any fan expected this from Bungie or even asked for it. We love you, Bungie! :)

Not excited to hear the bitching from Microsoft's clappers about gameplay being unveiled at the Sony presser, though.

by Mr Danger, Scotland, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:51 (3990 days ago) @ Grizzlei

The ship poster on the wall behind the father at the start(on the right hand side of the screen) is a nice touch. Maybe the hunter was a bungie fan as a kid haha.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:51 (3990 days ago) @ Mr Danger

The ship poster on the wall behind the father at the start(on the right hand side of the screen) is a nice touch. Maybe the hunter was a bungie fan as a kid haha.

Do you mean to say that the dad reading the story is also the Hunter in the action sequences? I hadn't considered that on the first pass, but I think that interpretation really adds something.

by Samusaaron3, Bay Area, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:03 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

The description on the video clears things up a bit:

"As a Guardian of the City sets out on an epic, action-packed adventure to reclaim our Solar System, he recalls the moment when he was first taught the most important lesson of all -- The Law of the Jungle."

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:22 (3990 days ago) @ Samusaaron3

The description on the video clears things up a bit:

"As a Guardian of the City sets out on an epic, action-packed adventure to reclaim our Solar System, he recalls the moment when he was first taught the most important lesson of all -- The Law of the Jungle."

Right, I interpret this to mean that the Hunter is the kid grown up, and he's thinking back on his dad reading him The Jungle Book.

It's here! The Law Of The Jungle *IMGS*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:06 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

Do you mean to say that the dad reading the story is also the Hunter in the action sequences? I hadn't considered that on the first pass, but I think that interpretation really adds something.

I thought he meant the kid was the Hunter in the video. But I'll say this if that was entirely live action:

When the Hunter draws Magic Lightning Pistol his pose is very similar to how Giancarlo stands with a gun in Revolution.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Now I realize that this may be little and less to go on, but to me it's interesting nonetheless.

It's here! The Law Of The Jungle *IMGS*

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:16 (3990 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka
edited by Stephen Laughlin, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:31

Also, the dissolve between the Hunter's mask and Giancarlo's face right at the beginning is a pretty clear implication by the director that the characters are one and the same.

Edit: But I guess it could also imply the Hunter grew up to reflect his father and the dissolve is a memory, jumping into the Hunter's POV as a kid.

Agreed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:27 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

by Mr Danger, Scotland, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:42 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

Nah, I was just assuming this was in the kids bedroom and was a bedtime story etc. and the hunter in the CG section is thinking back to his dad telling him the story. Though I think your right, it would be cool and adds alot if the dad is the hunter and was teaching his child how to be a guardian too.

The cherry on top

by urk, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:00 (3990 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Bungie, or whoever does their hybrid Live Action-CGI trailers, always gets these things just right.

We had a little help. :)

http://variety.com/2013/digital/games/first-look-the-live-action-trailer-for-bungies-destiny-exclusive-1200486874/

Iron Man armor DLC confirmed?

by spidersVise ⌂, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:05 (3990 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

The cherry on top

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:10 (3990 days ago) @ urk

http://variety.com/2013/digital/games/first-look-the-live-action-trailer-for-bungies-destiny-exclusive-1200486874/

What attracted Esposito was the game’s ability to get people to think about moral questions.

[image]

The cherry on top

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:21 (3990 days ago) @ Schooly D

What attracted Esposito was the game’s ability to get people to think about moral questions.

[image]

Looks 'shopped. I can see the pixels.

. . .

I'll see my self out.

Did I just read for fall release?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:21 (3990 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

I think it needed an editor

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:29 (3990 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, that intro paragraph seems to think it's shipping this fall:

To promote their ambitious new videogame “Destiny,” Activision and Bungie (which created “Halo”), have produced a live action commercial, directed by Jon Favreau and featuring Giancarlo Esposito, for the fall release.

I'm pretty sure that's an error, but I'd be happy to be wrong. :)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:36 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

I wouldn't be happy. I intend to wait out the launch for both the Ps4 and X1.

If Destiny was to come out this year I would be a very very sad panda . . . just like my wallet.

by urk, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:46 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

To promote their ambitious new videogame “Destiny,” Activision and Bungie (which created “Halo”), have produced a live action commercial, directed by Jon Favreau and featuring Giancarlo Esposito, for the fall release.

We've definitely not dropped the release date yet. :)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:31 (3990 days ago) @ urk

All I need to know is if it even matters what platform I decide to play on. Kind of ambivalent about Xb1/PS4. And it's a 360 title, so I'm covered there.

~M

by pOpCoRnInTulsa @, OK, Friday, May 24, 2013, 07:29 (3990 days ago) @ Malagate

All I need to know is if it even matters what platform I decide to play on. Kind of ambivalent about Xb1/PS4. And it's a 360 title, so I'm covered there.

~M

Is Possible or make any sense that it could drop one platform before another? Possibly PS4 this fall and XBOX 360 or One after the first of the year?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 24, 2013, 06:34 (3990 days ago) @ urk

What about gently placing it somewhere?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 15:32 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

Could be any fall. Fall 2013. Fall 2014. Fall 2015 with a free hoverboard if you preorder.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 15:35 (3990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Could be any fall. Fall 2013. Fall 2014. Fall 2015 with a free hoverboard if you preorder.

Actually, it was last fall. I can't believe you guys don't have it yet. It's great!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, May 24, 2013, 13:36 (3989 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Fall 2015 with a free hoverboard if you preorder.

Will we still have to use our hands?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 15:47 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

Gameinformer posted The Law of the Jungle today, and at the end of the article it says "Destiny is slated to arrive later this year for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4." If Bungie hasn't given a release date, why would GI, or any of the other gaming news sites, talk about release times like they know? Seems kind of stupid to me. Why not just say, "Bungie has not given a release date yet, but we think it'll come out later this year."

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 09:32 (3984 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Probably because whoever wrote it didn't remember the information correctly. We'd like to imagine they're looking at The Big Book Of Confirmed Facts while writing those articles, but they aren't. :P

Great quote

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:36 (3990 days ago) @ urk

“I’m a beliver of mythology as a teaching tool, not just form of entertainment,” he said. “It should be entertaiment, but in our world, people want to be more connected and challenged. A game like this enables us to become more mindful, not mindless. That’s powerful stuff for me. It’s an analogy for the bigger world in the smaller world of the gaming world.”

I think this was my favorite part of the article.

Indeed.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:39 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

“I’m a beliver of mythology as a teaching tool, not just form of entertainment,” he said. “It should be entertaiment, but in our world, people want to be more connected and challenged. A game like this enables us to become more mindful, not mindless. That’s powerful stuff for me. It’s an analogy for the bigger world in the smaller world of the gaming world.”

Pretty sums up my thoughts as well - on most forms of "the entertainments" I enjoy really.

Great quote

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:15 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

Yep.

See Bettelheim, Bruno. The Uses of Enchantment.

Also Joseph Campbell, of course.

Love this direction.

Great quote

by kapowaz, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 18:31 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

Mine too: it's intelligent, thoughtful stuff. Here's hoping this trailer isn't the sum total of Giancarlo's involvement with Destiny.

The cherry on top

by davidfuchs ⌂, USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 18:41 (3990 days ago) @ Grizzlei

That's funny, because to me the live action always kills the trailers for me. I guess it's like FMV--the disconnect just instantly rips me out of the trailer. It's not a bad one, by any means, but it feels so... unfinished, to me. I guess because it doesn't really crescendo.

by Tawpgun, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:51 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

So I guess this confirms Crystal Meth as the fall of the Golden Age.

At least it'll get the masses involved in chemistry!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:53 (3990 days ago) @ Tawpgun

- No text -

So much for "'T' for 'Teen'"

by zumphry ⌂ @, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 19:19 (3990 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Bungie/Activision's monetization scheme: take a percent of the cut from player-created meth labs!

With IGP to pay off NPC Guardians.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 19:36 (3990 days ago) @ Tawpgun

So I guess this confirms Crystal Meth as the fall of the Golden Age.

This gives a whole new meaning to the "Blue Gold" from GDC...

[image]

Wish I wasn't mid-drink when I read that...

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 21:52 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Heisenberg's at it again...in the FUTURE

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, May 24, 2013, 03:40 (3990 days ago) @ Lurono

- No text -

mr fring wat r u doin in space?

by spidersVise ⌂, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:51 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

Atmosphere confirmed on the moon!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:00 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

As well as 1-shot pistols!

I also love the soft plucking music throughout!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:19 (3990 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I assume you're referring to the flames on the Pike when it gets shot down?

And yes, the music is wonderful!

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:36 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

There are several clues: blowing dust in opening sequence, capes fluttering in the wind, sound of wind whistling, etc.

Indeed

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:38 (3990 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

There are several clues: blowing dust in opening sequence, capes fluttering in the wind, sound of wind whistling, etc.

Oh yeah, that stuff. :-P

Head, meet desk. Desk, meet head.

Details, details. ;-)

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:51 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:37 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

Aye, the flames, the soft whistling wind tugging at the capes of our heros in the opening pose, the fact that there's sound at all.

These all indicate to me that there's at least a little bit of atmo on the Moon. Though apparently not too much, because we still have an unbridled view of space and the stars while on the "day" side of Luna.

So yes atmosphere? Unless there's something else I'm missing that could be causing all that?

Also I do believe that Titan is a lady! Sweet!

Another Thing.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:31 (3990 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

It would seem that our Hunter is carrying three weapons.

• Sniper Rifle
  • Assault Rifle
  • Magic Lightning Pistol

I wonder if this confirms 3 weapon slots?

Another Thing.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:36 (3990 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Nope. Mr. Hunter uses a sniper rifle and assault rifle on the Moon and an assault rifle and Pistol-O-Doom on Mars, but never uses more than two in either location. 'Course he does have that nice big coat...

Another Thing. *IMG*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:44 (3990 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah I thought of that, so I double checked:

[image]

Not enough to confirm I don't think..

by Cold, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:58 (3990 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

but definitely supports it pretty heavily.

Just like Pillar of Autumn in Halo 1!

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, May 24, 2013, 22:19 (3989 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

BY Rudyard Kipling!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:03 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

*Squeee*

This was a particularly awesome trailer for me, since this was one of the ever-poetic-type-stories read to me at bed time when I was but a lad!(Man Tear) I had forgotten it but recognized it instantly(!) when I heard it.

My Emotions! What do I do!?!?!

TO have it in this reference makes it ALL the Sweeter. . .

And now we have something to chew on till E3.

Music. Sound. Size. Movement. Weapon. Enemy. Destiny.

BY Rudyard Kipling!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:05 (3990 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Rereading the Law of the Jungle (and reminiscing), this verse particularly jumped at me;

"If ye plunder his kill from a weaker, devour not all in thy pride,
Pack-right is the right of the meanest; so leave him the head and the hide.

The kill of the pack is the meat of the pack. Ye must eat where it lies; 25
And no one may carry away of that meat to his lair, or he dies.

The kill of the wolf is the meat of the wolf. He may do what he will,
But, till he is given permission, the pack may not eat of that kill."

I leave it to you all as to why. :)

BY Rudyard Kipling!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:07 (3990 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Sometimes I think Bungie travels back in time just so they can insert these cool writings in the past so they can reference them in the present.

Next thing you know and Kipling is referencing The Traveler and the various enemy races.

Oh Yeah!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:05 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Gimme more! E3 cannot come soon enough!

Interesting

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:16 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Around the 0:55 second mark, when the Guardians are facing the Giant Cabal, there is an interesting techy-powerup-charge sound. That could be the Hunter's gun recharging, but I think it's the sound of the Warlock's energy-ball-of-death thing. Kinda cool either way.

Also, I love you Bungie. You put many smiles on my face :)

HHNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:56 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Pikes, boomy guns, Kamehamehas, wolf pack.

HHNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:58 (3990 days ago) @ MrPadraig08
edited by Stephen Laughlin, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:08

wolf pack.

New shirt at the Bungie store! ;)

[image]

That is the greatest item of clothing in fashion history

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:05 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

...in this context, of course.

Can this be the official unofficial Destiny fan shirt?

Just have to shop the moon a bit *IMG*

by Cold, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:04 (3990 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

Just have to shop the moon a bit *IMG*

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:28 (3990 days ago) @ Cold

lol...I feel dirty.

[image]

Hahaha, love it. Where can I buy?

by Cold, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:34 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

I SWEAR TO GOD

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:45 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

If the dbo pax shirts aren't some take on this, I will be upset.

You're doing God's work son.

by LostSpartan, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:48 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

It's subtle but amazing :)

HHNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:42 (3990 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

If you thought the Kamehameha was cool, wait until you see the Special-Big Bang Beam-Kaioken x7-Destructo Trunk's Move.

HHNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:51 (3990 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

If you thought the Kamehameha was cool, wait until you see the Special-Big Bang Beam-Kaioken x7-Destructo Trunk's Move.

Freeza is just going to dodge it.

Super excited for E3 now :D

by LostSpartan, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:01 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Bungie always manages to make amazing trailers.

Books

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:25 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Was anyone else kinda excited to see that the passage was read from hardcover book and not an e-reader? Future Earth has got it going on!

Yes!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:45 (3990 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

The Fallen

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 12:38 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

"The wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."

I'm curious about the above quote with how it plays out in the trailer and what implications it has regarding The Fallen.

I know others have suggested that perhaps The Fallen used to be part of humanity but have since "fallen" from our ranks to become what they are now. While this would be a rather literal interpretation of their name, I think this passage as presented in the trailer might lend some credence to that theory. Then again, maybe not.

My gut reaction says that this line of thought is a little too on-the-nose, but I suppose it's a fine line between reading too far and missing what's right in front of you. :) Curious what others think, though.

The Fallen

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:09 (3990 days ago) @ Beorn

"The wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."

I'm curious about the above quote with how it plays out in the trailer and what implications it has regarding The Fallen.

I know others have suggested that perhaps The Fallen used to be part of humanity but have since "fallen" from our ranks to become what they are now. While this would be a rather literal interpretation of their name, I think this passage as presented in the trailer might lend some credence to that theory. Then again, maybe not.

My gut reaction says that this line of thought is a little too on-the-nose, but I suppose it's a fine line between reading too far and missing what's right in front of you. :) Curious what others think, though.

I think...and Ill even go so far as to say I know... that if you want to understand the verse you need to understand the poem. Then you can put the possible context to Destiny that Bungie has - hinted seems to weak a word - at.

This was very much about the Guardians and not so much their foes. After all, the strength of the pack helps the wolves take down those many times their size.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:11 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Ah. So good. The Jungle Book holds a very special place in my heart, in my family, and on a bookshelf quite dear to me. Heart full, mind on fire. Could not be more excited.

~M

Lots of GIFs *IMG heavy!*

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:06 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

So pretty.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Most of these are from here.

Holy power hungry post batman.

by Cold, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:20 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Cabal guns use exhaust gasses to help manage recoil.

by spidersVise ⌂, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 16:18 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

That's some delicious attention to detail. 'Course, I expected as much.

That sniper rifle looks awesome.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 17:12 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Am I the only one who bookmarked this post?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 23, 2013, 19:29 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Lots of GIFs *IMG heavy!*

by irishfreak, Friday, May 24, 2013, 06:19 (3990 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Snazzy gifs ;)

Hail irishfreak, Lord of the GIFS!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, May 24, 2013, 10:45 (3989 days ago) @ irishfreak

Seriously man, nice work. I saw your post at B.net. It brings joy to my eyeballs.

IGN article on the new trailer and E3

by Mr Danger, Scotland, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:07 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by Mr Danger, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:26

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/destinys-e3-gameplay-reveal-vs-the-law-of-the-jungle/

There are few hints about what bungie's aims are for what they are going to show at E3 in this article.

Wow. I got pretty hyped when...

by Cold, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:17 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by Cold, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:55

...I realized Giancarlo was the narrator.
...I saw The Fallen dancing in combat at 0:30 (briefly).
...the warlock punched "with a piece of the sun" at 0:35.
...this scene flashed.

but when the warlock conjured the sphere of energy (edit: kamehameha, lol) at 0:56 while the other two were raising their measly guns...I about lost it.

Interesting!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 18:39 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

Wonderful!

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 21:50 (3990 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Sweet! Aside from getting a better idea of what's up with the PS4 and XBO, Destiny is really the only other thing I'm interested in this year.

June 10th can't come fast enough! At least I've got Iron Man 3, Star Trek: Into Darkness, and Arrested Development Season 4 to entertain me until then (yes, still haven't seen IM3 or ST:ID, was planning on this week but we kinda had some tornado problems).

Wonderful!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 22:04 (3990 days ago) @ Lurono

(yes, still haven't seen IM3 or ST:ID, was planning on this week but we kinda had some tornado problems).

Since you are using a computer, I am gonna go out on a limb and assume that you are alive and well despite the tornado problems, and for that I am glad! Also, both of those movies were excellent summer blockbuster eat-some-popcorn-and-have-some-fun movies, IMHO, so enjoy!

Wonderful!

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 22:14 (3990 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I appreciate the concern! Yeah, it went just to the north of me (if it had started a few miles further south and about 20 minutes earlier, different story)! It's definitely been a hell of a week!

Anyways, I'll probably hit up IM3 sometime next week and ST maybe the week after, once things calm down a little bit more and I'm a little less busy at work. Closing the interstate and numerous nearby businesses does crazy crazy things to surrounding areas!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread