Destiny coming up on IGN live (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 11:46 (3185 days ago)

Destiny will be featured for about 20 minutes on IGN's live Gamescom coverage at 9:49 EST (three minutes from now).

Was a good stream! Nice find

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 12:37 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Only really got any information from the gameplay. not so much the questions being answered.

In case you missed the interview live

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 12:55 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Now on Youtube

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:59 (3185 days ago) @ Xenos

Hunter move?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:25 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

What was that hunter move around 3:01? Leap forward w/ a little roll thing?

Shadestep.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:26 (3185 days ago) @ dogcow

Some nice details about level and Light

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:20 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

sounds like an interesting dynamic Bungie is creating... your rank is no longer determined by the light level of your gear, but light level will still matter by effecting how powerful you are in other ways.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:32 (3185 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

sounds like an interesting dynamic Bungie is creating... your rank is no longer determined by the light level of your gear, but light level will still matter by effecting how powerful you are in other ways.

Yeah, I'm interested to see how that works. It sounds to me like it's really not that big of a change. If you're level 40, but still don't have a high enough Light level, has anything really changed? Can that even happen?

What I'm looking forward to: *vid*

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:37 (3185 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

IT'S BACK (for 6 levels).

What I'm looking forward to: *vid*

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:39 (3185 days ago) @ iconicbanana

IT'S BACK (for 6 levels).

Or maybe 20. Remember - your Guardian is really only level 20.

It would soften the blow if it was 20 times.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:40 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

It would soften the blow if it was 20 times.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:46 (3185 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It would also soften the blow if that is indeed (as you've mentioned on the underground server) a freakin FIRELORD!!

ALL HAIL FIRELORD.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:48 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:54 (3185 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So, it sounds like you'll be whatever level your guardian is at presently. But here's my question, right now I'm levelling a Lucky Raspberry, so my hunter is level 33, but really she's got a few different ways to be level 34... will I have to level to 34 if the armor I'm wearing when I start up TTK happens to be level 33, or 32, or 30?

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:06 (3185 days ago) @ dogcow

If you equip your 34 gear it may bump you to 34...?

I got the impression . . .

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:15 (3185 days ago) @ slycrel

I got the impression that you would just immediately be whatever level your Guardian is currently at. If you're wearing level 32 gear and launch TTK, you'll then be 32. I would imagine that then equipping gear that would get you to Light Level 33 or 34 wouldn't change your level anymore. It would get you that extra Light, which is apparently still important, but you would have to level up the regular way.

No one knows for sure though, obviously. :P

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:21 (3185 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I got the impression that you would just immediately be whatever level your Guardian is currently at. If you're wearing level 32 gear and launch TTK, you'll then be 32. I would imagine that then equipping gear that would get you to Light Level 33 or 34 wouldn't change your level anymore. It would get you that extra Light, which is apparently still important, but you would have to level up the regular way.

No one knows for sure though, obviously. :P

In the interviews I've been watching and reading lately, they're being really tight-lipped about what "The starting level" for the taken king actually is. The fact that they don't just say "level 32" or "level 34" when being asked questions about what player's levels will be when the transition happens makes me suspect they're intentionally holding back some details for a twitch stream or what have you.

Cyber - I'm curious...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:31 (3185 days ago) @ CyberKN

Are you still steadfastly planning on not buying The Taken King? Has any of the news the last few days caused you to reconsider?

Cyber - I'm curious...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 16:34 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Are you still steadfastly planning on not buying The Taken King? Has any of the news the last few days caused you to reconsider?

I'm flattered that multiple people have asked me this question, given my comparatively short tenure at B.org, but my answer is still "No". The only real surprise that's come out of Gamescom has been Nolanbot.

Ask me again after the Forge Mode reveal.

DeeJ said:

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:36 (3185 days ago) @ CyberKN

From the video, at around 5:30, Deej says, "You'll take your first step into the Taken King at the level that you've attained."

Gives me the impression that it will literally just be a direct transfer. If you're at Light Level 28, when you launch after TTK drops, you'll then be a level 28. If you're Light Level 34, you'll be at level 34.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he misspoke and meant something else.

DeeJ said:

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:44 (3185 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I can't imagine that if you can currently get to 34 you wouldn't be anything less than 34, regardless of what you're wearing. I'd be willing to bet that bungie knows what your highest light level has been. If nothing else it would be a pretty straightforward calculation based on the gear you have on yourself and in the bank on if you can be 34 or not. helm slot 42 light, arm slot 42 light, and so on.

heck they could even go off of achievements -- if you've beaten Skolas you're 34. etc...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:49 (3185 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I heard it as they will look at the maximum level your guardian achieved. They probably added something to the server to track the maximum level of your guardian earlier this year so they'd have the number for when they transition everybody to TTK.

holy shit! did you see..

by Raflection, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:05 (3185 days ago) @ Speedracer513

..the range on that fusion rifle !!??

That is ridiculous. Something tells me we'll be seeing Cody again soon ..

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread