Titan Character Design (Fan Art)

by Biwald ⌂, Redmond, WA, Friday, May 24, 2013, 16:11 (3989 days ago)

Just wanted to post my Titan character Design that I did for Bungie. Let me know what you think!

http://josephbiwald.deviantart.com/art/Titan-373367522

Description: This is my Character Design for Destiny. He is a veteran Titan, forged from the strength and sacrifice of his fallen brothers. ("m going to upload the color version later today.)

I based my characters armor off of Greek Spartan armor, and studied Destiny character concept art to help me out with the overall character build. I also made clean turn around poses for this character and will be posting that in the image description later (hopefully modeling the character later this year). Enjoy!

Took about 5 hours in Photoshop to paint.

-Joseph Biwald

That's terrible

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, May 24, 2013, 16:19 (3989 days ago) @ Biwald

...how this armor will never make it in the game. :(

Lots of Halo and Mass Effect influence. The helmet reminds me of CQB.

That's terrible

by Biwald ⌂, Redmond, WA, Friday, May 24, 2013, 16:54 (3989 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Thanks for the criticism. My only influence on armor for my character was Destiny character designs, and Greek Spartan armor. I see some similarities from Mass effect and Halo yes, but you can find similarities in almost every armor set produced now and days. I wasn't planning on trying to get this armor in Destiny. This was just me having fun.

Sorry to disappoint, but I really liked it.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, May 24, 2013, 18:04 (3989 days ago) @ Biwald

Turn down the fucking sarcasm next time, Natalie. Dumb bitch. I'm seriously sorry if you thought that I disliked your piece or read that as criticism.

Wait.... What?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 24, 2013, 18:06 (3989 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

I've made a huge mistake

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, May 24, 2013, 18:14 (3989 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I really liked Biwald's Titan concept. So much so that I'd give him a scare with a less-than-approving post title and then be remorseful by being sad that this won't be in Destiny the game, raising his spirits because someone thought it was that good.

I've made a huge mistake

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 24, 2013, 18:27 (3989 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Yes, that part was clever...ish. What was with that other post and the cursing and name calling? Who is Natalie?

I've made a huge mistake

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, May 24, 2013, 20:56 (3989 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yes, that part was clever...ish. What was with that other post and the cursing and name calling? Who is Natalie?

I do believe that Grizzlei herself is Natalie. The comment you mentioned was one of self deprecation because Grizzlei's/Natalie's attempt at complementing Biwald initially failed...I think.

I've made a huge mistake

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 24, 2013, 23:37 (3989 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Ah. Talking to one's self out loud didn't occur to me.

I've made a huge mistake

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 10:22 (3988 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ah, yes, talking outloud to one's self as vehicle for social shaming. Can be effective in reinforcing lesson to self. Other's view of mental stability however can be... *snif* problematic.

;)

I've made a huge mistake

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 10:37 (3988 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Ah, yes, talking outloud to one's self as vehicle for social shaming. Can be effective in reinforcing lesson to self. Other's view of mental stability however can be... *snif* problematic.

;)

Hmm. I can't decided if I should read your post as River Tam or Mordin Solus. :p

Solus, 8 out of 10 times.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 25, 2013, 10:51 (3988 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Ha! Nice one.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 14:03 (3988 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

I've made a huge mistake

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 08:29 (3988 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I Lolled.

:D

Sorry to disappoint, but I really liked it.

by Biwald ⌂, Redmond, WA, Friday, May 24, 2013, 18:34 (3989 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Lol, I read that in a few different ways (Good and bad). It's alright, thanks for your "input" on everything.

Had to read that a few times : /

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, May 24, 2013, 17:11 (3989 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

That's terrible

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, May 24, 2013, 21:02 (3989 days ago) @ Grizzlei

If it makes you feel any better, I picked up what you meant straight off.

That's terrible

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 06:06 (3988 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Hey, guys, remember when Mass Effect was shorthand for good? Not poking fun at you Grizz, just making a humorous observation here.

(Very cool design, OP, btw.)

That's terrible

by Quirel, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 21:29 (3988 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Hey, guys, remember when Mass Effect was shorthand for good?

Ah, the good ol' days, when I could run around in ME3 multiplayer without tripping over biotic Voluses or supersoldiers with psionic whips.

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, May 24, 2013, 16:58 (3989 days ago) @ Biwald

Dude, that's freaking awesome - this community is so talented!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, May 24, 2013, 21:06 (3989 days ago) @ Biwald

Dude, I think this is awesome! The community continues to amaze me and make me jealous of their wicked mad skills.

If I may make one comment, I think it would have been kinda cool to have your Guardian in an action pose, or at least in less of a relaxed stance. Something along the lines of 'at attention' or other military like pose. But that is totally a personal preference, and it doesn't at all take away from the awesome work you did!

by Biwald ⌂, Redmond, WA, Friday, May 24, 2013, 21:25 (3989 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep your comment in mind next time I make a "character only" illustration.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread