Video button! (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 05:45 (3198 days ago)

Pretty much says it all… The button takes the full URL for your YouTube/Vimeo/Gifv video and converts it to the proper tag.

[image]

Video button!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 06:16 (3198 days ago) @ Beorn

Pretty much says it all… The button takes the full URL for your YouTube/Vimeo/Gifv video and converts it to the proper tag.

[image]

I didn't want to bring it up, but definitely a great quality-o-life feature! Thanks!

Now we just need strikethrough support, to add extra humor to my witty posts!

Video button!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 10:10 (3197 days ago) @ Korny

Strikethrough support has been here all along!

Strikethrough, how?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 12:27 (3197 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

[strike][/strike]

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 12:27 (3197 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Video button!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 10:07 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

How is this supposed to work? I pasted in my video's URL and clicked OK but nothing happened. :( (Maybe it saying undefined is part of the problem?)

[image]

I could be wrong . . .

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:06 (3197 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by cheapLEY, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:11

I think it is just for Youtube videos, as people have been having some problems using the youtubefull tag versus just the youtube tag. I assumed this was just to alleviate that.

EDIT: Looks like I am wrong. I guess I didn't full read the post, he says it supports other things; I just wasn't paying attention.

Video button!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:18 (3197 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How is this supposed to work? I pasted in my video's URL and clicked OK but nothing happened. :( (Maybe it saying undefined is part of the problem?)

[image]

From the name of the file I take it this is a joke? :)

Only youtube/vimeo/gifv are supported on the odd chance you're not joking.

Yup, he's trolling.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 13:07 (3197 days ago) @ Xenos

But not really trolling. We have an ongoing joke where he declares WMV as "the format of the gods." I've been trying to read the rules in such a way that the statement could be construed as a bannable offense, but I'm not having any luck. ;-)

Only YouTube, Vimeo, and Gifv are supported at the moment.

You admin guys are just the best.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 12:29 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Awesome! Thanks a bunch :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 12:55 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Hm, bug report?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:04 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

Hm, bug report?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:21 (3197 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

I think your JavaScript didn’t update for some reason. Shift-reload and try again.

Beorn with the pebcak mic drop again.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:24 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Hm, bug report?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:26 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

I think your JavaScript didn’t update for some reason. Shift-reload and try again.

Just to clarify for the forum, if you see a [video][/video] tag in your post, it won't work, like Beorn said shift-reload to get the proper insert video command. Right now it puts in the appropriate tag for what you entered in the dialog box.

As an aside, I don't program any of this, I just talk over the features with Beorn :)

Or not at all

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:05 (3197 days ago) @ Xenos

Right now it puts in the appropriate tag for what you entered in the dialog box.

Just putting it out there: if the code does not recognize your link, it ignores your prompt. If you see anything showing up on the message field, but preview doesn't work, your link is either bust or you haven't reloaded your scripts yet (like me).

Yay! :D

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:45 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

Testing

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:50 (3197 days ago) @ Beorn

[video]https://youtu.be/3VH7K6zqw-Q[/video]

wrek'd

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:51 (3197 days ago) @ Funkmon

That looks like a mobile link... perhaps it only works using the standard desktop URL?

Another javascript problem, methinks.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:55 (3197 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Why did I just watch that entire video? lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:58 (3197 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I clicked on another two before I came to my senses.

by scarab @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:44 (3197 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

And why are they all dressed the same?

https://youtu.be/Wfg-U9py0ss?t=1m40s

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 16:28 (3197 days ago) @ scarab
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 17:09

I have some problems with DieselDucy. He's a little arrogant, a little too jokey with zero humor skills, and his elevator reviews are little more than videos of him talking while riding an elevator. While we share a love for the ThyssenKrupp synergy, I just don't like how he presents his videos. I'm sure he's a great guy.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 17:02 (3197 days ago) @ Funkmon

[image]

yeah it makes great coffee

by scarab @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 17:21 (3197 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I live there . . .

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 17:14 (3197 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Well, not in an elevator, but in that town. Weird.

It doesn't even write anything when it doesn't parse right

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:03 (3197 days ago) @ Funkmon

So my guess is you bumped into the same problem I did

Ugh

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:27 (3197 days ago) @ Funkmon

So… the YouTube link you provided is just fine (it recognizes both youtube.com and youtu.be). The issue there is that your browser didn’t pull the new JavaScript. I need to implement a cache-busting system for JavaScript and CSS files on here. Try reloading with the Shift key and it should pull the new file.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread