Compound speculation

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:57 (3992 days ago)

I was looking back through some stuff and I made a connection.

[image]

[image]

hint: I'm looking in the back of the second picture
Didn't Bungie also refer to a Fallen (if not that one) as "she" once? There's also that "Queen of the Reef" figure and the "New Monarchy" group. If I had a little more to go on I'd be calling it now.
thoughts?

Compound speculation

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 04:53 (3992 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I was looking back through some stuff and I made a connection.

[image]

[image]

hint: I'm looking in the back of the second picture
Didn't Bungie also refer to a Fallen (if not that one) as "she" once? There's also that "Queen of the Reef" figure and the "New Monarchy" group. If I had a little more to go on I'd be calling it now.
thoughts?

Not impossible, but I have my doubts. I believe there is ingame text (yeah, yeah, in dev most things, especially text, are subject to change) in one of the videos that indicates a mission for the QotR. Assuming you're correct, why would The Fallen work with the Guardians, or vice versa? Unless there is some dynamic (or simply plot points) that have us doing favors for one faction or the other, or pitting them against each other...which isn't unlike Bungie at all.

For no reason at all, I keep thinking QotR refers to a ship rather than a character.

~M

Compound speculation

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 06:55 (3992 days ago) @ Malagate

Faction fighting would be interesting. Another thing that occurred to me is that the Queen of the Reef might not be an alien. We know The City is the last city on Earth, but have we been told that The City holds the last group of Humans with significant offensive / defensive capability in the solar system?

Also when I see QotR all my mind sees is QR code…

QotR

by Cold, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 15:55 (3992 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Cold, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 16:03

Queen of the Reef piants two pictures in my mind's eye.

The first is an authority figure located off shore, not a great distance from The City. The location would be the ruins of a man-made island, or a shipwreck, etc.

The second is again an authority figure, but her location would be in an astroid field, or on a single astroid stuck in orbit around one of the planets or moons (a space reef...).

The second fits Bungie more imo, but maybe I'm just saying that because it sounds way more interesting to me.

As to who or what the Queen is, who knows at this point..

Edit: In regards to the OP, I doubt there's a connection. I can't see the point of recording facial expression when the character is masked in heavy armor. (Her pose is what you are referring to right?)

QotR

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:24 (3991 days ago) @ Cold

I'm assuming that The Reef is the thing seen in the background of the image of the same name Bungie released:

[image]

Whatever it is, it's very big and in space. Maybe some sort of gas mining station? The purple color scheme doesn't really match with anything else. And if it has a queen who is powerful enough for Guardians to do missions for her, then… well that'll be interesting.

QotR

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 19:16 (3991 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm assuming that The Reef is the thing seen in the background of the image of the same name Bungie released:

[img]

Whatever it is, it's very big and in space. Maybe some sort of gas mining station? The purple color scheme doesn't really match with anything else. And if it has a queen who is powerful enough for Guardians to do missions for her, then… well that'll be interesting.

I was going to mention that too, and how Bungie said not all the aliens are evil.... This may be where a splinter faction (or something) lives, ruled by a queen... hmm, sounds like New Monarchy to me. (maybe I can provide some original speculation here;)

QotR

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 19:18 (3991 days ago) @ Cold

Edit: In regards to the OP, I doubt there's a connection. I can't see the point of recording facial expression when the character is masked in heavy armor. (Her pose is what you are referring to right?)

Maybe they hadn't decided the Fallen were going to wear helmets yet, or maybe she takes hers off.

Compound speculation

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 16:00 (3992 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Faction fighting would be interesting. Another thing that occurred to me is that the Queen of the Reef might not be an alien. We know The City is the last city on Earth, but have we been told that The City holds the last group of Humans with significant offensive / defensive capability in the solar system?

Also when I see QotR all my mind sees is QR code…

I like the idea that the Queen of the Reef may not be an alien. What if it is a ship floating in an asteroid field that's been turned into a space station for example?

I've had similar thoughts...

by GrimBrother One, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:52 (3992 days ago) @ General Vagueness

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 19:10 (3991 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

agh, I thought I saw someone mention it before

by GrimBrother One, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 20:37 (3991 days ago) @ General Vagueness

No worries. Great minds and all... ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread