Sounds familiar *OT*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 20:20 (3991 days ago)

Listen to the music in the first 30 seconds of this.

Now listen to this.

BTW, this looks to be really good.

Sounds familiar *OT*

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 20:38 (3991 days ago) @ Kermit

Can You Dig It? (Iron Man 3 Main Titles)

Adventure Is Go! (Kinect Adventures Theme)

Cannot unhear

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 30, 2013, 22:05 (3991 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

Speaking of music

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, May 31, 2013, 15:48 (3991 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

When are we going to have an hbo/dbo jamfest

Sounds familiar *OT*

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:01 (3991 days ago) @ Kermit

So I guess "ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING HERE" wasn't written in plain enough English. It does look interesting. Using shipboard and helmet-mounted cameras gives it a natural feel. It's at least worth a rental since space horror films tend to get on my nerves.

Sounds familiar *OT*

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 22:37 (3991 days ago) @ Grizzlei

So I guess "ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING HERE" wasn't written in plain enough English. It does look interesting. Using shipboard and helmet-mounted cameras gives it a natural feel. It's at least worth a rental since space horror films tend to get on my nerves.

Maybe the big twist with this movie is that it's secretly an adaption of 2061?

Sounds familiar *OT*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 30, 2013, 22:57 (3991 days ago) @ Leviathan

Maybe the big twist with this movie is that it's secretly an adaption of 2061?

Seeing as a recent film pulled something to that effect off on me, I can say that that would be really cool.

Sounds familiar *OT*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:29 (3991 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Chewbaccawakka, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:33

I KNEW I recognized that from somewhere! How could I have forgotten Deus Ex? I loved that game, and it had a soundtrack that perfectly complemented the art and mood of the game.

*EDIT* Also, Europa Report looks like my kind of movie. Magnet usually puts out decent stuff.

Sounds familiar *OT*

by Oholiab @, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 22:26 (3991 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I KNEW I recognized that from somewhere! How could I have forgotten Deus Ex? I loved that game, and it had a soundtrack that perfectly complemented the art and mood of the game.

*EDIT* Also, Europa Report looks like my kind of movie. Magnet usually puts out decent stuff.

I agree - the music was really well designed for the mood of the game. I'm excited to hear Marty's full score for Destiny...

Side note: does anyone else remember playing through the original Deus Ex? I'm dating myself, but it really was groundbreaking it its time.

You're dating yourself? You can DO that?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 23:28 (3991 days ago) @ Oholiab

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist

You'll go blind.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 23:36 (3991 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Ha!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 30, 2013, 23:38 (3991 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Sounds familiar *OT*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 31, 2013, 02:26 (3991 days ago) @ Oholiab

Side note: does anyone else remember playing through the original Deus Ex? I'm dating myself, but it really was groundbreaking it its time.

Indeed. I think Cody Miller is a big fan, too.

Sounds familiar *OT*

by Oholiab @, Friday, May 31, 2013, 09:31 (3991 days ago) @ Kermit

Ha! I knew it was coming.

Sounds familiar *OT*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 15:32 (3986 days ago) @ Kermit

Indeed. I think Cody Miller is a big fan, too.

It's STILL groundbreaking. Nobody has topped it yet. Not Mass Effect, not Human Revolution, not Heavy Rain. Nobody ever will, not with modern game design principles.

Did you see this, Chewie?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 16:15 (3987 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Why no I did not, Kerm.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 20:19 (3986 days ago) @ Kermit

Heyyyyy, neat! New DLC perhaps?

My mind, it hopes! :D

Why no I did not, Kerm.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 21:08 (3986 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Heyyyyy, neat! New DLC perhaps?

My mind, it hopes! :D

Maybe a game! It's been two years.

Why no I did not, Kerm.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 22:40 (3986 days ago) @ Kermit

One could hope! Do you think they'd keep the same black/gold aesthetic?

Why no I did not, Kerm.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 11:19 (3986 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

One could hope! Do you think they'd keep the same black/gold aesthetic?

Same time period. On mobile.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/05/deus-ex-the-fall-announced-for-mobile-uploads-this-summer/

Was hoping for something on console, but I'll take it.

Why no I did not, Kerm.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 14:57 (3986 days ago) @ Kermit

Same time period. On mobile.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/05/deus-ex-the-fall-announced-for-mobile-uploads-this-summer/

Was hoping for something on console, but I'll take it.

Dern, I wonder if they have a next-gen game up their sleeves, 'cause this feels disappointing :( With the success of Human Revolution on consoles, why go mobile? Granted, they can do whatever the heck they want, but it seems a poor choice to me.

Why no I did not, Kerm.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 06, 2013, 07:53 (3985 days ago) @ Mr Daax

With the success of Human Revolution on consoles, why go mobile? Granted, they can do whatever the heck they want, but it seems a poor choice to me.

If you believe the mobile game is the only thing they're working on, yes. That is unlikely, though.

Sweet!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 22:17 (3986 days ago) @ Kermit

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/4/4394166/eidos-montreal-teases-deus-ex-the-fall

Thanks to Chewie's willingness to share and general awesomeness, I am currently hacking my way through DE:HR and enjoying it very much. This news is pretty darn cool!

by Oholiab @, Thursday, June 06, 2013, 12:55 (3985 days ago) @ Kermit

That's exciting to see the franchise continuing - thanks for the link.

But am I the only one left who prefers to play games on a console? I'm not sure I can get on the mobile gaming bandwagon yet. There are some games, FPS especially, in which I just want to be immersed, and a tablet just doesn't cut it, let alone a phone. Likewise, as much as I try, I just can't get used to the FPS control solutions on a tablet. I miss the kinesthetic feedback of thumbsticks.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 06, 2013, 13:03 (3985 days ago) @ Oholiab

That's exciting to see the franchise continuing - thanks for the link.

But am I the only one left who prefers to play games on a console? I'm not sure I can get on the mobile gaming bandwagon yet. There are some games, FPS especially, in which I just want to be immersed, and a tablet just doesn't cut it, let alone a phone. Likewise, as much as I try, I just can't get used to the FPS control solutions on a tablet. I miss the kinesthetic feedback of thumbsticks.

Yeah I completely agree. Unfortunately with Square-Enix struggling right now a couple of their strategies going forward are: use game assets we already have, and create more games for mobile devices. When I heard that originally I was imagining things like Final Fantasy VI and VII on iOS, but apparently they were thinking more recent IPs. Oh well, hopefully they announce a new Deus Ex game for PC and consoles at E3.

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 06, 2013, 14:10 (3985 days ago) @ Oholiab

I don't think I'd use the work "kinesthetic", judging I've never heard of it, but I could easily repeat what you said word by word to express my own opinion.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, June 07, 2013, 15:00 (3984 days ago) @ Oholiab

I agree, at least on the mobile thing. There are some games which are fine on a touchscreen mostly games which were designed for that sort of input in the first place, but many games really need physical controls to succeed.

I'm not sure whether I'd say I prefer consoles over PCs. I do game almost exclusively on a console, but that's really more a matter of cost and where my friends are than me believing it's better.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread