BWU 9/03/15 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:10 (3158 days ago)

Finish your House of Wolves "Target" Grimiore

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:18 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

It may be unobtainable when the wolf packs stop appearing on Sept. 8

I don't like this :(

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:40 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

It may be unobtainable when the wolf packs stop appearing on Sept. 8

I enjoy patrol quite a bit.

One of the things I hoped for was that new content would keep getting added on top of the old content (to a point).

So essentially what I had envisioned was a world where Blades of Crota and Pack of Wolves events still happened in the same areas around the same times.

I got a taste of that when a public event happened the same time that a pack of wolves dropped. Which one do I do!? Both!! Well,try.

I really wanted something like that where the patrol fire team would split up.

"You take that blade of Crota, bring the sword here so we can kill these wolves, and we gotta keep moving or that Fallen walker is going to pick us off!"

Le sigh.

This makes me feel like the previous DLC is worth less than before.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:43 (3158 days ago) @ Revenant1988

From some of the reveal streams, it looks like the dread-naught might cater to your needs.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 04, 2015, 14:07 (3157 days ago) @ CyberKN

From some of the reveal streams, it looks like the dread-naught might cater to your needs.

Didn't they also say that The Taken would show up anywhere? Not just the Dreadnaught?

by Funkmon @, Friday, September 04, 2015, 14:15 (3157 days ago) @ Xenos

I don't know about anywhere, but definitely not just on the new area.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, September 04, 2015, 14:47 (3157 days ago) @ Xenos

Yes, there was this little 'warp' node of some sort that showed up. Apparently if someone gets too close, a force of Taken of some sort will show up. I believe they said these would be showing up in all the Patrol spaces at random. This would seem to be TTK's equivalent of Blades of Crota or Wolf patrols.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:45 (3158 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I started playing Destiny shortly before HoW dropped. I only saw Blades of Crota for a week or so before they disappeared. :(

I mean, it doesn't make sense lore-wise for the Blades to still be running around, or for the Wolves to still be roaming, I guess (we took care of Skolas, but that doesn't mean the rest of them aren't still out there causing havok), but it does feel like it's taking things away from the game in a bad way.

I don't think it's necessarily bad, though. We'll have the Taken fill a similar role now, I guess. Which is also neat in a way. With every release, they add a different world event that takes over. Hopefully we'll have a reason to go back to Mars now.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 22:33 (3158 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I started playing Destiny shortly before HoW dropped. I only saw Blades of Crota for a week or so before they disappeared. :(

I mean, it doesn't make sense lore-wise for the Blades to still be running around, or for the Wolves to still be roaming, I guess (we took care of Skolas, but that doesn't mean the rest of them aren't still out there causing havok), but it does feel like it's taking things away from the game in a bad way.

Well, "lore-wise" isn't something Destiny is really strong with. There are nice touches and small details of course (such as Eris knowing when you've beat the Crota raid and her dialogue changes) and I get that it's a living world, but....idk man. For me Destiny is a game of fun for the sake of fun. I don't try to explain or understand things like I do with Halo so it has it's pros and cons.

I don't think it's necessarily bad, though. We'll have the Taken fill a similar role now, I guess. Which is also neat in a way. With every release, they add a different world event that takes over. Hopefully we'll have a reason to go back to Mars now.

I don't know. I guess I just hoped this stuff would stay around longer, or maybe even rotate in. It makes the world feel more busy, like there is stuff to do and you don't have to wait.

I mean, the DLC is now less than it was before in this regard.

You can actually miss content, and never get to play it, even if you paid for it.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable. Perhaps it's the price to be paid for an always online and changing games.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 04, 2015, 01:12 (3158 days ago) @ Revenant1988

In all fairness you're not missing content you paid for. Blades of Crota and roaming Wolf packs happen regardless of whether you own the DLC. I get what you're saying, but you can't come at it from that angle.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:45 (3158 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I was thinking that since they had bounties tied to them that they would be staying around but it looks like petra's not going to have bounties anymore (what is she going to do now?)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:46 (3158 days ago) @ CougRon

I was thinking that since they had bounties tied to them that they would be staying around but it looks like petra's not going to have bounties anymore (what is she going to do now?)

Maybe I read it wrong, I assume it was just the roaming Wolves going away. The other ones that are always in the world will stay. Might be wrong, obviously.

which is which?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 04, 2015, 13:18 (3157 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Which is tied to the roaming pack of wolves, the dark blue or light blue?

Dark blue

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, September 04, 2015, 13:20 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

But I wouldn't count on any of those other targets remaining in the world, just in case.

I guess that's 20 grimoire I won't be getting :(

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 04, 2015, 13:22 (3157 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Those targets appear whether there is a bounty or not.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, September 04, 2015, 13:57 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

Just look up on youtube where in the world they spawn.

Those targets appear whether there is a bounty or not.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 04, 2015, 14:16 (3157 days ago) @ CyberKN

So, what you're saying is, I can still get the grimoire this weekend by finding the correct pack of wolves & killing the guy, I don't need the bounty?

Precisely.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, September 04, 2015, 14:23 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Found all my missing targets in about 20 min last night.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, September 04, 2015, 15:15 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Crucible Preview on Sept. 8!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:25 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

Starting September 8, when the pre-TTK update hits, we can preview the new modes and maps in Crucible! Awesome!

EDIT: This is for everyone, regardless of whether you've preordered TTK.

This is very exciting

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 03, 2015, 22:30 (3158 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Can't wait to try out Mayhem with Obsidian Mind on.

This is very exciting

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 22:34 (3158 days ago) @ ZackDark

Can't wait to try out Mayhem with Obsidian Mind on.

I'm still wondering how gunslingers won't completely wreck at mayhem.

Because bubbles and flanking

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 03, 2015, 22:36 (3158 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But yeah, I'm worried too. I think it isn't like Time's Vengeance, though. Just really fast recharge.

Two things...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:35 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

,,,,stuck out to me:

1. "Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors"

Does this mean that Exotic Bounties you have now are basically finished for you? I COULD'VE JUST HELD ON TO MY INCOMPLETE THORN BOUNTY AND GOT IT?!?!

2. "The Elder Cipher will no longer drop upon completion of the Skolas Challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. The Exotic items offered with the Elder Cipher will now have a chance to drop from the Prison of Elders Treasure Chest."

Soooo...no more Exotic quest for these either? Just play and RNG drops?

Two things...

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:42 (3158 days ago) @ Mid7night

that's how i interpreted it.

Darn it, I got a new exotic missive last night. I've done them all already so I dismissed it, but I could have picked it up and got a free exotic.

Two things...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 21:47 (3158 days ago) @ Mid7night

1. "Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors"

Does this mean that Exotic Bounties you have now are basically finished for you? I COULD'VE JUST HELD ON TO MY INCOMPLETE THORN BOUNTY AND GOT IT?!?!

Wow, totally missed that. That's a huge get if you were struggling with the PvP sections. Or rare fusion rifles.

2. "The Elder Cipher will no longer drop upon completion of the Skolas Challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. The Exotic items offered with the Elder Cipher will now have a chance to drop from the Prison of Elders Treasure Chest."

I'm going to choose to view this as Bungie's admission that forcing people to play Prison of Elders over and over was cruel and inhumane.

Two things...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 22:04 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

But you'll likely still have to play it over and over again for the drop . . .

I like this LESS...

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:22 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by slycrel, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:26

...than doing a quest for the PoE exotics.

I've gotten 2 out of 3 of these. I really am not looking forward to doing PoE over and over just to get the last remaining exotic as a random drop. Like the nechrochasm, (which I never got a crux to drop for) I just don't see it as worth the time for the reward. At least the quest made sense to me. I don't understand why they are moving away from that and adding RNG in it's place.

Though I will grant that auto-completing these bounties is pretty nice of them. I have 3-4 of them in various stages of completion right now.

Anyone want to do xyor just for fun? I was holding off on finishing that until after the patch... =)

Less than what?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:24 (3158 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

RNG < a quest for PoE exotics.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:26 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

The Cipher is still based on RNG though...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:30 (3158 days ago) @ slycrel

So instead of having to do multiple POEs after you get the cipher, you'll just get the weapon right?

It was already RNG. The quests just added on top of that.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:40 (3158 days ago) @ slycrel

That is, if you can call running a bunch of PoE and then waiting up to 72 hours a "quest".

It was already RNG. The quests just added on top of that.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:48 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

I get that the quest sucked. But I'd still rather do the "quest", which is PoE grinding basically, and be able to choose a reward at the end.

I won't run PoE until I randomly get Lord of Wolves. It's just not worth my time.

Good point. I forgot that you could pick your reward.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:48 (3158 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

Ahh... Hopefully with the new loot system that...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:50 (3158 days ago) @ slycrel

will happen significantly less. And you'll have a higher chance at Lord of Wolves.

I like this LESS...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:26 (3158 days ago) @ slycrel

I've gotten 2 oout of 3 of these. I really am not looking forward to doing PoE just to get the last remaining exotic as a random drop. Like the nechrochasm, (which I never got a crux to drop for) I just don't see it as worth the time for the reward. At least the quest made sense to me. I don't understand why they are moving away from that.

I think it will ultimately depend on the drop rates. The quests weren't really quests; they just forced you to play a bunch more PoE until you hit the score cap. If the drop rates are high enough, you could conceivably get the exotics faster now.

Of course, the big advantage to the ciphers was they let you choose which gun you wanted :-/

I like this LESS...

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:28 (3158 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've gotten 2 oout of 3 of these. I really am not looking forward to doing PoE just to get the last remaining exotic as a random drop. Like the nechrochasm, (which I never got a crux to drop for) I just don't see it as worth the time for the reward. At least the quest made sense to me. I don't understand why they are moving away from that.

I think it will ultimately depend on the drop rates. The quests weren't really quests; they just forced you to play a bunch more PoE until you hit the score cap. If the drop rates are high enough, you could conceivably get the exotics faster now.

Of course, the big advantage to the ciphers was they let you choose which gun you wanted :-/

I can't imagine that any exotic is going to be easy to get via RNG. You're right, maybe I should withhold judgement. Or maybe I should jsut try to get the cipher bounty one more time before the patch falls.

What if you have a cipher right now?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 04, 2015, 01:16 (3158 days ago) @ slycrel

Lil'Blue picked up his first cipher this week. Will it automatically be completed on Tuesday?

Sounds like it will!

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, September 04, 2015, 02:34 (3157 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

What if you have a cipher right now?

by TheGhostBrigade, Friday, September 04, 2015, 09:00 (3157 days ago) @ bluerunner

Apparently so.

I haven't gears of danielout before but the people of Reddit seemed to accept that, so I will as well. Finally beat Skolas on Tuesday and got my first elder cipher, was very concerned I wouldn't have time to finish it, now I'm a little less anxious and can focus on grimoire.

I like this LESS...

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 04, 2015, 10:45 (3157 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think it will ultimately depend on the drop rates.

Maybe they will match Cipher drop rates? I've only done Skolas twice and got Ciphers both times. I know the Cipher isn't a guaranteed drop, but I feel like it does have a high drop rate on Skolas. Maybe it'll work like that for the weapons, now. Higher the PoE level, higher chance for drop?

Two things...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:22 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm going to choose to view this as Bungie's admission that forcing people to play Prison of Elders over and over was cruel and inhumane.

Amen to that ;)

Two things...

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:24 (3158 days ago) @ Mid7night

,,,,stuck out to me:

Doesn't it just mean that like other new bounties, when you complete it, you don't need to manually return to the vendor?

Two things...

by c0ld vengeance @, UK, Friday, September 04, 2015, 09:59 (3157 days ago) @ narcogen

Doesn't it just mean that like other new bounties, when you complete it, you don't need to manually return to the vendor?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3jjt0c/bungie_weekly_update_09032015/cupttbr

Pretty much confirmed here, if you have an incomplete Thorn for instance, you just get Thorn without all the hassle of PVP :)

Two things...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 04, 2015, 13:34 (3157 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

Well, maybe I'll have to stop sitting on my VMM & pick which weapon I want yet another duplicate of.

Two things...

by ProbablyLast, Friday, September 04, 2015, 00:09 (3158 days ago) @ Mid7night

Soooo...no more Exotic quest for these either? Just play and RNG drops?

I feel like this is them attempting to maintain a level of rarity to these weapons. The Cipher was a relatively common drop from Skolas, who is likely becoming much easier to beat once everyone can match/exceed his level.

Of course, I'm probably going to be wrong because I have no idea what the drop rate will be for these weapons.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread