Destination: E3 (feat. Let's Get Poor!)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 07, 2013, 20:11 (3984 days ago)

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destination-E3/en-us/News/News?aid=10565

I can't wait to start wearing more Destiny stuffs!

Just preordered mine! :-)

by GrimBrother One, Friday, June 07, 2013, 20:27 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

But I'm ALREADY poor!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, June 07, 2013, 20:27 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Will banks grant me loans for Bungie stuffs?

Don't be a quitter. Get poorer. Love, Bungie. ❤

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 07, 2013, 20:31 (3984 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

But I'm ALREADY poor!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, June 07, 2013, 23:35 (3984 days ago) @ Leviathan

Will banks grant me loans for Bungie stuffs?

Loans? What good are loans? In the future, the only currency will be Destiny T-shirts, posters, and car window stickers. Owners of the complete E3 collection in size Medium will be gods among men.

Just picked up more Destiny Shirts!

by Spawn ⌂, Friday, June 07, 2013, 20:29 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

And I had to buy the classic Bungie Black in there as well. E3 is going to be awesome.

Don't Forget The Mailsack! *walls/wallet reducing links*

by zumphry ⌂ @, Friday, June 07, 2013, 21:19 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

The Late Night Adventures of Deej and the Case of the Back Pack vs the Mail Sack

Charlemagne What does a soul ripping out of its host's body sound and look like?

Almost as good as the deafening report from the mighty hand cannon that does the work.

Wallpapers

Guardians
[image]
Download

Warlock
[image]
Download

Titan
[image]
Download

Hunter
[image]
Download

Fortress
[image]
Download

Shirts

Bungie Black
[image]
Mens | Womens

Destiny
[image]
Mens | Womens

FOTC
[image]
Mens | Womens

Fallen
[image]
Mens | Womens

Warlock
[image]
Mens | Womens

Titan
[image]
Mens | Womens

Hunter
[image]
Mens | Womens

Vanguard
[image]
Mens | Womens

Definitely want the Bungie Black and the Destiny logo shirts. And going off of the just the designs alone, the FOTC, Titan, and Hunter ones too. Though, I'm just probably able to get 2, and in which case, I'll get the Bungie Black and Titan shirts. I need an orange shirt.

I hope these aren't really limited edition and that the designs will eventually be back in some shape or form.

Vanguard/FOTC back?

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, June 07, 2013, 23:13 (3984 days ago) @ zumphry

What's with the prominent "VANGUARD" text in the rear view of the Vanguard shirt, but no TITAN, WARLOCK, or HUNTER text on the other shirts? Evidence that Vangaurd is something other than a character class?

[image]

Probably just a mistake because they're the same color (?), but the rear view of the FOTC shirt uses this same example image as well.

Vanguard/FOTC back?

by zumphry ⌂ @, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 00:36 (3984 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

What's with the prominent "VANGUARD" text in the rear view of the Vanguard shirt, but no TITAN, WARLOCK, or HUNTER text on the other shirts? Evidence that Vangaurd is something other than a character class?

[image]

Probably just a mistake because they're the same color (?), but the rear view of the FOTC shirt uses this same example image as well.

Yeah, that's weird. Probably is just a goof, since the URL for the images on both pages result in this.

...but if it's not (that happens on both the Men's and Women's versions)...

We've seen the FOTC design before (Deej's B.net avatar, character select and lobby screen in Pathways Out of Darkness[@1:15]), so maybe FOTC is some type of governing body for The City (Founders of the City? Something "Traveler's Council"?), and Vanguards are some Imperial Guard/Elite forces-type deal for them?

Somewhat unrelated, but there's some older-looking guy at 3:34 in Pathways that I've always thought looks like he's giving a speech. Maybe he's the narrator of Pathways, and/or a leader for The City?

Obviously baseless speculation sparked by t-shirts, but there's only so many more days left until E3 maaaaaaaaaaaan! Someone's gotta use all of this crack!

a little OT - are Vanguards the robots?

by Machinationz, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 10:13 (3984 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

If the vanguard aren't related to the character class, maybe they are those robots that we saw walking on top of the wall in the release trailer? I remember someone asked about the robots a while back but we were told it wasn't time to know about them yet. Kind of makes sense that we'd send robots on dangerous scouting missions for recon.

And I want to get my hands on that hunter short to add to my collection

What I think

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 16:16 (3984 days ago) @ Machinationz

I believe the Vanguard might be some sort of faction type group. You know what I mean? A group devoted to collecting knowledge. I would love to see that and even be a part of it. Think like, you could be any of the three classes but you could be a Ranger, or a peacekeeper/cop. You can think of being any of the three classes and be a Vanguard, or a knowledge seeker/artifact collector. There are countless possibilities.

What I think

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 18:20 (3983 days ago) @ Mix

I believe the Vanguard might be some sort of faction type group. You know what I mean? A group devoted to collecting knowledge. I would love to see that and even be a part of it. Think like, you could be any of the three classes but you could be a Ranger, or a peacekeeper/cop. You can think of being any of the three classes and be a Vanguard, or a knowledge seeker/artifact collector. There are countless possibilities.

. . . But if this is the case then how would a Vanguard be different from a Warlock in Destiny? Could it be a friendly type of non-human species? Connected to the traveler in some way?Based off their designated name and our current reports from mars it might just be the best idea to say they are the ones who enter the front lines on the unknown - a shadow broker type group.

I guess we should just await reports from the Vanguard. Two days.
----------------------------------------

In case you missed it while giving your respective wallets a diet, each shirt has a description of the fraction whose logo is on it.

For the sake of posterity (these descriptions might change slightly after E3 -at least two of them will at least);

Warlock T-Shirt: Discovering truth has always driven you into the unknown.

Hunter T-Shirt: You're no outlaw-at least, not anymore.

Titan T-Shirt: You hail from a long line of heroes, forged from strength and sacrifice.

Fallen T-Shirt: Don't hesitate to send their souls screaming into the black.

Bungie T-Shirt: Don't make us kick your ass.

Vanguard T-Shirt: See you at E3.

FOTC T-Shirt: See you at E3.

What I think

by Machinationz, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:01 (3982 days ago) @ Mix

I was thinking the same thing but that would mean there would be a group of people that would be the vanguard and a whole lot of people that weren't. I wouldn't like to not be in that group and I doubt Bungie would exclude people like that so my guess is the robots. It would be a nice method for the story to open up new destinations for us in a timed release post-launch - "robots are back, things are cool, go forth and conquer"... Or something. Maybe we'll get the answer in a few hours!

These symbols still mean nothing to me...

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 03:54 (3984 days ago) @ zumphry

I fully expect that Bungie will elucidate this matter in the next few days.

Right?

I kinda want that Vanguard shirt.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 05:30 (3984 days ago) @ zumphry

I WILL DESTROY YOU!!

why is shipping so expensive!

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 00:13 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

$60 for shipping. Oh man! I want the most of them and therefore I'm hoping I can still get after PAX.

Oh I'd have preferred if they were printed on American Apparel BB401 :/ And slimfitted again. Now I have to decide if Large or Medium... (Large would be too large for me. lol pun intended, and medium could be too small...)

Poly-Cotton shirts are IAP.

by zumphry ⌂ @, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 00:38 (3984 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

- No text -

by kapowaz, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 03:07 (3984 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

$60 for shipping. Oh man! I want the most of them and therefore I'm hoping I can still get after PAX.

Aye; $33 to the UK for two shirts. That's way too much, guys. I buy shirts from the US regularly (for comparison, shipping to the UK for two shirts from Glennz Tees is just $13.95) — I don't mind it taking a while, but given how I almost always get stung for VAT (and then an obnoxious ‘handling fee’ from the post office, too) this shipping charge is just too much.

Shame; these are actually the first t-shirts Bungie has ever sold which I've instantly thought: wow, that's abstract and cool. I'd wear that.

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 03:56 (3984 days ago) @ kapowaz

Aye; $33 to the UK for two shirts. That's way too much, guys. I buy shirts from the US regularly (for comparison, shipping to the UK for two shirts from Glennz Tees is just $13.95) — I don't mind it taking a while, but given how I almost always get stung for VAT (and then an obnoxious ‘handling fee’ from the post office, too) this shipping charge is just too much.

Shame; these are actually the first t-shirts Bungie has ever sold which I've instantly thought: wow, that's abstract and cool. I'd wear that.

If we organised a group buy would it be cheaper?

Not now. But ya know, when we actually know what they mean :P

I'm finally getting the Traveler shirt and deciding...

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 08:18 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

...between the plain Jane Destiny shirt and the Bungie one.

I'm finally getting the Traveler shirt and deciding...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 09:25 (3984 days ago) @ Atsumi

I have the Destiny one and it's REALLY nice. The dark grey has a nice texturing which makes it a little more interesting than flat black. I always feel more handsome when I wear it. ;-)

However, the new E3 Bungie one is limited-edition, and I'm sure it'll be very nice as well.

It think it's a win/win situation.

by PoK3RFaC3D, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 10:08 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

My wallet is crying.

I already have a New Monarchy and FWC shirt, might get one or two more. I'll probably order something after the gameplay reveal.

Time to crack open that piggy bank

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 10:59 (3984 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Must.have.ALLOFTHEM.

[EXCLUSIVE] Destiny CONFIRMED To Have Pokemon In It!!!

by zumphry ⌂ @, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 12:20 (3984 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

Heh :)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, June 08, 2013, 20:12 (3983 days ago) @ zumphry

- No text -

by Oholiab @, Sunday, June 09, 2013, 21:43 (3982 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Had to go with the Hunter...

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, June 10, 2013, 08:48 (3982 days ago) @ Oholiab

Had to go with the Hunter...

Warlock will probably be my new favorite shirt

Oops!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 13:07 (3982 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Haha, Gamerevolution jumped the gun and posted the Destiny Gameplay reveal early and it got pulled in about 2 seconds. Oops!

Here is the link, don't worry, like I said the video was pulled, and they don't spoil any details.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread