Introducing The Starside Lounge, a DBO podcast

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, June 09, 2013, 14:34 (3977 days ago)

[image]Ladies and gentlemen, Deebos of all ages, please join us on the front page for the inaugural episode of The Starside Lounge podcast! We really hope you enjoy listening to us gab about all things Destiny, and big thanks to Hedge for the wonderful (?terrifying) image on our cover art for Episode Zero!

And if the Front Page is just too far, here's a link to the direct download. :)

Introducing The Starside Lounge, a DBO podcast

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, June 09, 2013, 14:53 (3977 days ago) @ Beorn

Oh yes, I'll listen right away!

Nice job, guys.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 09, 2013, 17:25 (3977 days ago) @ Beorn

Thanks!

by GrimBrother One, Sunday, June 09, 2013, 22:13 (3976 days ago) @ Kermit

Always open to suggestions and topic interests!

Ok, someone tell me the cheapest good mic I can buy.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, June 09, 2013, 19:42 (3976 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

And now, a lecture

by davidfuchs ⌂, USA, Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:23 (3976 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'd highly suggest plunking down the coin for a good mic upfront. Treat them right, and they'll last forever.

I personally recommend the Yeti. You can get a cheaper version that's USB only, or if you're into more pro audio stuff you can get a HiFi version with an XLR input for significantly more. It's a rock-solid mic with a couple different pickup patterns so it's useful in a lot of situations.

And now, a lecture

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:34 (3976 days ago) @ davidfuchs

I'd highly suggest plunking down the coin for a good mic upfront. Treat them right, and they'll last forever.

I personally recommend the Yeti. You can get a cheaper version that's USB only, or if you're into more pro audio stuff you can get a HiFi version with an XLR input for significantly more. It's a rock-solid mic with a couple different pickup patterns so it's useful in a lot of situations.

Holy poop that's way too much money. My budget is like $10... maybe $15 if I kept the lights off long enough this month.

And now, a lecture

by davidfuchs ⌂, USA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 05:45 (3975 days ago) @ Leviathan

Holy poop that's way too much money. My budget is like $10... maybe $15 if I kept the lights off long enough this month.

Well, at that price you're not going to get anything worth recording, really. If you've got an Apple laptop the built-in mics are actually very good, but I gather that's not the case for most PCs.

Great show!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, June 09, 2013, 23:08 (3976 days ago) @ Beorn

Just listened to it, got me (more) excited for E3! I think I might explode.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread