Video Game Voice Actor's Strike (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 19:05 (3148 days ago)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/09/22/developing-video-game-voice-actors-are-considering-a-strike.aspx

Looks like things could get interesting. I wonder if Nolan North has voted yes. If it doesn't pan out well, it'd be a shame for Bungie to re-voice the ghost AGAIN with some scab.

If so, I'm available...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 19:08 (3148 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I was doing a pretty good Ghost voice 3 years ago...

Ok, so I was just ripping off C3P0, but hey... it works! ;p

CruelLEGACY dances

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 01:19 (3148 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

As a SAG-AFTRA actor, I support the strike

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 20:22 (3148 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Happy to offer my opinions if anyone is interested, but I'm not a regularly working VO artist, so I don't consider myself an expert on the matter. Simply put, I support the motions of my peers.

I'm available :)

by Durandal, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 12:32 (3147 days ago) @ Cody Miller

As long as unions don't have a monopoly on labor, I'm fine with them negotiating whatever they can get. Of course, without a monopoly, they actually have to bring something to the table.

Also, when XBox used to have that voice masker, I was told I sounded just like Jabba the hutt.

awesome

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 12:38 (3147 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The industry is due to grow up and start treating its talent with respect.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread