PS4 looks like Xbox One in italics. Discuss?

by Avateur @, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:05 (3975 days ago)

- No text -

They really wanted to emphasize the look

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:06 (3975 days ago) @ Avateur

Hyuck hyuck.

More like Oblique…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:08 (3975 days ago) @ Avateur

Bad

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:22 (3975 days ago) @ Avateur

Tries to be just as stylish as Xbox One and unique as the original PlayStation 4. Looks pretty ugly.

At least the games announced thusfar have been fucking amazing.

Better

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:06 (3975 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Tries to be just as stylish as Xbox One and unique as the original PlayStation 4. Looks pretty ugly.

I like it. In fact it's my favorite console look that isn't in the classic category. At least - that my initial impulse of thought.

Bad

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:17 (3975 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Pretty ugly, but at least it doesn't look antiquated.

Then again, I've never liked Sony's console designs*. They've always looked like two separate objects fused together.

Anyone else notice how small it looked?

*The PS1 being an exception.

Bad

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:28 (3975 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Then again, I've never liked Sony's console designs*. They've always looked like two separate objects fused together.

The "slim" redesigns for the PS2 and PS3 were both attractive. Retains the basic shake, scales it down, looks like something you would have expected the original design to be.

I Dislike It

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:23 (3975 days ago) @ Avateur

It needs more boxiness.

As long as it's black and fits on a shelf, I'm happy.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:34 (3975 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Same

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:11 (3974 days ago) @ Leviathan

Console appearance has always been at the bottom of my checklist of important features of a console. If an object performs its function well, I'm happy, and the PS4 is looking like it does its job quite well.

Same

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:24 (3974 days ago) @ Lurono

Console appearance has always been at the bottom of my checklist of important features of a console. If an object performs its function well, I'm happy, and the PS4 is looking like it does its job quite well.

Honestly I prefer simple design like what we're getting to something crazy. I like it to blend in more than stand out under my TV.

Same

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:53 (3974 days ago) @ Xenos

Honestly I prefer simple design like what we're getting to something crazy. I like it to blend in more than stand out under my TV.

I agree, though my inner child does sometimes miss the more toy-like designs of consoles past. The N-64 just LOOKS fun. :)

Same

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 23:21 (3974 days ago) @ Leviathan

Haha, agreed! The N64 may be my favorite console, actually. Tons of great memories!

But yeah, while a lot of people look at their consoles as serious business, they have always been toys to me. Expensive toys that I'm protective of, yes, but toys nonetheless. Strangeness like the Gamecube is welcome, at least in my eyes.

Same

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 23:42 (3974 days ago) @ Lurono

Haha, agreed! The N64 may be my favorite console, actually. Tons of great memories!

But yeah, while a lot of people look at their consoles as serious business, they have always been toys to me. Expensive toys that I'm protective of, yes, but toys nonetheless. Strangeness like the Gamecube is welcome, at least in my eyes.

The slow spring of the disc cover opening on a PS1 still excites me.

Same

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 23:50 (3974 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'm boring, my favorite console design was the Dreamcast. It was simple and functional while still being attractive.

Same

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 00:01 (3974 days ago) @ Leviathan

Top-loading is amazingly classy.

//=================

A lot of people really hate oXbox's aesthetics, but I always thought it could look totally sweet if you mounted it in a decent spot. One that reveals the existence of the top X while preventing it from dominating. I wish I had a better picture of that thing basically dominating the froodlenutzsky out of the living room; the controller cords totally completed the picture.

[image]

Soon it will temporarily return to its old home.

Classy cord placement

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:47 (3974 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Same

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 23:16 (3974 days ago) @ Xenos

My setup usually has things hidden for the most part. It's hard to get a CRT TV, flat screen, computer monitor, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX, 360, PS2, PC, and surround sound/Blu Ray to look good together!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread