PS4, XB1 Info (Semi OT)

by corporatekiller, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:24 (3975 days ago)

400 bucks vs 500. That's a start.

Has anyone confirmed MS's stance on used games and always online, or do we only have evidence in the lack of contrary evidence?

I never imagined I would consider Sony in this next go-round, but...

PS4, XB1 Info (Semi OT)

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:51 (3975 days ago) @ corporatekiller

Didn't Xbox release it's policies about DRM and online check-ins like a week ago? I hadn't read through it, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Even if none of that stuff was true, or they reversed their policies, I have to support Sony. Microsoft has their heads so far up their ass that they don't realize that a big part of their fanbase doesn't want the stuff they're pushing on them.

PS4, XB1 Info (Semi OT)

by corporatekiller, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:57 (3975 days ago) @ TDSpiral

I gotta say, they (MS) need to get out in front of this, like now. If they say nothing about it in the morning, they're digging their own graves. If we're dead on about the crazy policies, they should explain that that makes the games cheaper or something. If it's simply greed, gamers won't go for that. Companies like Gamestop are in business because gamers want used games.

If I worked at a gamestop, I'd be considering that maybe Xbox titles won't be on the shelves this fall.

PS4, XB1 Info (Semi OT)

by Monochron, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:19 (3975 days ago) @ corporatekiller

Yeah XBone has online checkin every 24 hours. If you are at a friends house it is every hour. You can resell game to participating retailers only. You can only sell games to people who have been on your friends list for the past 30 days. Each game can only be sold once. After that resale it is locked to that person's GamerTag. I htink they said they might support lending games later?

Oh and the always on Kinect is kind of false. You can turn it off while you play usually, and only the microphone is listening while the Xbox is off.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread