Retailers receive Destiny marketing/pre-order material

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, February 15, 2013, 14:32 (4049 days ago)
edited by UnrealCh13f, Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:24

The following images below were obtained through Joystiq, Destructoid, and the Little English Destiny Blog.

The materials provided (to our knowledge at time or writing) were:

• Pre-Order Cards
  • Poster
  • Some kind of information handout
  • Box Art (Provisional)

Removed images due to non-leak policy. :/

Re: Beckx already posted this, and it was removed.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Friday, February 15, 2013, 14:43 (4049 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

The following images below were obtained through Joystiq, Destructoid, and the Little English Destiny Blog.

No leak policy and all that.

Was unaware. Sorry. *NM*

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, February 15, 2013, 14:48 (4049 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

That guy.

by Beckx, Friday, February 15, 2013, 14:59 (4049 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Someone should've made an example out of him.

That guy.

by HawaiianPig, Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:25 (4049 days ago) @ Beckx

I got your back man

Destiny box art!

[image]

That guy.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:59 (4049 days ago) @ HawaiianPig

I got your back man

Destiny box art!

[image]

Wow, I knew the Marvel crossover rumors were true!

by electricpirate @, Friday, February 15, 2013, 17:12 (4049 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

I still think that this is marketing materials that were sent out today, with the full intention that the internet would start sharing them, and hence not leaks.

But hey, waddoiknow.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, February 15, 2013, 17:17 (4049 days ago) @ electricpirate

I still think that this is marketing materials that were sent out today, with the full intention that the internet would start sharing them, and hence not leaks.

I agree that those materials would not have been distributed early if they were worried about leaks. I still didn't want to see them until after Bungie did their thing on Sunday, though. I've not inspected them closely, and haven't read any of the text, but that poster... dude.

by electricpirate @, Friday, February 15, 2013, 17:49 (4049 days ago) @ Beorn

sooooo good.

Always connected

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 15, 2013, 14:53 (4049 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Oh wow always connected. That's cool. NOT.

Always connected

by Rerdnermers, Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:10 (4049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are you reading that like it means you will be forced to play with an internet connection? It says the universe is always connected. That may mean its an MMO, or maybe you can just download updates to the universe's state.

Always connected

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:18 (4049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Save your whining until after we know what it means at least…

destiny.isnotcanon.net *NM*

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:32 (4049 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Too soon?

It is till Sunday dammit! *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:39 (4049 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Always connected

by electricpirate @, Friday, February 15, 2013, 17:09 (4049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yea, you know, it's bullshit when Planetside 2, WoW, or EVE make me be online to play their Massive online games.

I mean, the nerve, Bungie making a game apparently focused around social,online interactions only playable online.

*This space reserved so I can eat crow if this is just ends up being a diablo III situation*

Always connected

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 15, 2013, 18:38 (4049 days ago) @ electricpirate

Yea, you know, it's bullshit when Planetside 2, WoW, or EVE make me be online to play their Massive online games.

And I hate all those games.

Saw that coming *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 15, 2013, 18:46 (4049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Does this rule out Destiny offline LAN gameplay?

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Friday, February 15, 2013, 19:34 (4049 days ago) @ electricpirate

I am still surprised that this game will require an internet connection all the time. But I still have hope that offline competitive gameplay will be allowed, somehow. It would be a shame if it didn't.

by GrimBrother One, Friday, February 15, 2013, 20:15 (4049 days ago) @ Kalamari

I have a feeling that "always connected" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being literally connected online 100% of the time. I get the impression that it says more about the connected nature of the universe and game experience itself, and how you can experience it in a variety of ways, all being tied directly into your overall experience. Just my thoughts.

Grim

Totally agree

by Avateur @, Friday, February 15, 2013, 20:46 (4049 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Thinking back to what Joseph Staten said about it always being there for you. I never took that to mean that it literally meant you were connected 24/7, but that even if you leave, the world is still thriving, evolving, changing, people are doing stuff, and when you come back, maybe things have changed. Maybe they haven't. Who knows! I think it's going to be interesting to see where this goes, and I really, really hope that there's still LAN support.

Always connected

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 19:55 (4048 days ago) @ Avateur

Always connected as a marketing term seems to suggest it will benefit the gamer not the publisher. The term has gotten a bad reputation because of games where it really doesn't matter if the game is connected that publishers require to be connected to stop piracy, but it is rarely if ever used as a marketing term as a bonus for the gamer.

by electricpirate @, Friday, February 15, 2013, 22:21 (4049 days ago) @ Kalamari

We'll see if it even has competitive gampeplay as we know it.

Always connected

by kapowaz, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 03:49 (4049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Oh wow always connected. That's cool. NOT.

I suppose herein lies the downside of a ‘leak’ of this kind: vague marketing copy can, in isolation, be open to interpretation, leading to conclusions that may not actually be accurate. What does always connected really mean? Does it mean you have to be online to play? Maybe. Or maybe it's just a way of expressing that the game universe is accessible via media other than the console - through web and mobile devices? We'll find out soon but I'd not write it off just yet.

My favorite part so far

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, February 15, 2013, 20:43 (4049 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

I mean, I didn't see the images, but I'm assuming there's not a number after the name, right?

My favorite part so far

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 02:06 (4049 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I mean, I didn't see the images, but I'm assuming there's not a number after the name, right?

Don't worry, this is a ten year franchise with tons of DLC packs including one on day one. So you know, don't get used to this no number thing.

My favorite part so far

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 05:46 (4049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know, but for now, I bask in the moment.

There is.

by Blue Ninja, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 03:35 (4049 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Activision forced Bungie to name it D3stiny.

More leaks, but whatever.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 12:23 (4049 days ago) @ Blue Ninja

Activision forced Bungie to name it D3stiny.

Yep, we already know the titles of the first couple of Destiny games.

The Legend of Dest1ny: Traveler's Awakening - 2013

The Legend of De2tiny: Oracle of Space-Ages - 2014

The Legend of D3stiny: A Link to the Future - 2016

The Legend of Des4iny: Majora's Lawsuit - 2018

I lol'd hard *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 16, 2013, 12:26 (4049 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

That seems somehow familiar… *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 12:28 (4049 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Re: That seems somehow familiar…

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 12:39 (4049 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

Dawn of The Final Day *NM*

by Avateur @, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 19:23 (4048 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

-24 Hours Remain-

Back to the forum index
    RSS Feed of thread