BWU is up... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:09 (3118 days ago)

BWU is up...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:13 (3118 days ago) @ Korny

No Trials this week, it seems... Thank the Shadowshot cheaters for that...

Also, Hard Raid is next week (the 23rd).

320 light gear? So once again raiding is the only way to advance. Because exotics sure don't drop at 320!

Didn't Luke say 300 was the max? Now we have 320 enemies.

Not sure how I feel about this.

BWU is up...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:20 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller

320 light gear? So once again raiding is the only way to advance. Because exotics sure don't drop at 320!

I usually find that it's better to not whine about something before I see how it plays out, because people who have playtested it endlessly have found it doable with the resources available to players... But that's just me.

BWU is up...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:22 (3118 days ago) @ Korny

I usually find that it's better to not whine about something before I see how it plays out, because people who have playtested it endlessly have found it doable with the resources available to players... But that's just me.

Yes, because those playtesters sure did a good job when it came to Solar / Arc Burn Skolas :-p

299 forever....

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:21 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

BWU is up...

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:28 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Keep in mind: The normal raid is 300-310 light, but was fully doable at 290. I expect hardmode, which says 310-320 will be fully doable at 300.

Luke didn't say 300 was ever the max. In fact, he said "there's nothing currently in the game that you can't do at 300." Technically, hard mode wasn't in the game at that point, but even if it was, I full expect it to be doable at 300, just as I explained above.

BWU is up...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 23:01 (3118 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Keep in mind: The normal raid is 300-310 light, but was fully doable at 290. I expect hardmode, which says 310-320 will be fully doable at 300.

Normal raid is 300 Max.

BWU is up...

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:57 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by General Vagueness, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 22:03

No but they can drop at 310, which is pretty close.

He said the enemies in the game at the time didn't get above a 300 level.

They didn't say there would be 320 enemies, just the recommended light level is 300-320... although that probably means there will be enemies with 320 light recommended. Still, it's not that big a difference. For Iron Banner they equated 10 light levels now to 1 light level in year 1, and since the level cap was 34 before and now it's apparently 320, I'm inclined to believe they did basically multiply a bunch of things by 10. I suppose that's comparable to how you could get to 29 without Vault gear originally but 30 required it, but they really seem to be treating 300-- not even 310 but 300-- as the top for everything except level-enabled PvP, and that only because there will be people with that advantage and they will use that advantage.

Agreed.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 22:04 (3118 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Seems like it's just like Crota or Skolas, where which was leveled one over the max. The only difference is that not many are or will be all the way to 310, and as we play we can actually get to that level, whereas HM Crota and Skolas were always above what we could reach.

BWU is up...

by Funkmon @, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 22:09 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 22:13

You know exactly how you feel about this because I told you this was going to happen and you said what you thought. You think it's a huge blunder or some shit.

BWU is up...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 23:03 (3118 days ago) @ Funkmon

You know exactly how you feel about this because I told you this was going to happen and you said what you thought. You think it's a huge blunder or some shit.

I think it is a blunder. I was expecting, from the talk of the hard mode being special, for the hard mode raid to be more challenging, and not just more difficult. Simply leveling up the enemies is the stupidest way to make to make a hard mode.

I'm hoping there are a few tricks up their sleeve.

Well, FWIW, they didn't say that was all there is to it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 16, 2015, 00:21 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Weird

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, October 15, 2015, 22:31 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I was expecting the Hard mode to be 10 above absolute max light level. I guess they designed themselves into a corner when they made King's Fall drop all the possible loot slots.

BWU is up...

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 23:00 (3118 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Anyone with any common sense knew that the hard mode raid would be at 310 or higher. Luke basically confirmed it when he said that there was no content 'currently' in the game above 300 and that 'hitting 300 in week 2' wasn't a huge deal.

IB rewards (no change coming, apparently)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 21:45 (3118 days ago) @ Korny

Start at rank 2 and "the pool gets bigger as you increase rank." They didn't address the seeming 1% drop rate (roughly 20 hours of play per IB drop).

I'm hoping drop rates will increase with both rank and the tempered buff, because right now the drop rates are really pooey.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread