Weapons on display

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 06:07 (3971 days ago)

DattoDoesDestiny has an interesting video highlighting some of the guns Bungie is showing off outside the theater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKeMsQ9AB4

The crazy looking custom weapons gives me a big PSO vibe.

Sexy!

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 06:39 (3971 days ago) @ electricpirate

Closing time, red death, these names will not get old

The Norse mythology theme continues…

by kapowaz, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:37 (3971 days ago) @ electricpirate

So, after Mjolnir we have Gjallarhorn, ‘a mystical horn blown at the onset of Ragnarök’.

Funky.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:42 (3971 days ago) @ kapowaz

Funky.

Not really the word I had in mind, but it made me laugh. :)

by kapowaz, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:48 (3971 days ago) @ Beorn

Funky.

Several days of sleep deprivation have me functioning semi on autopilot. I hit submit before I'd even re-read what I wrote. I don't know what part of my subconscious thought that ‘funky’ was the most appropriate adjective, but I guess somewhere back there my mind thinks vikings are like the dark ages’ disco warriors. I'm just going to have to run with it.

I need a gif of disco vikings

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:51 (3971 days ago) @ kapowaz

- No text -

Incoming gif

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 09:41 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Ask and the internet shall provide

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 10:12 (3971 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

Weapons on display

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:56 (3971 days ago) @ electricpirate

These weapon designs are superb.

I <3 Duke MK. 44!!!

Weapons on display

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 15:44 (3971 days ago) @ electricpirate

There's also the FWC logo on the Conduit F3:

[image]

I wander if this is simply the brand of the weapon, from a purely world-building standpoint - just guns sporting faction and manufacturer logos? Or maybe some guns follow a similar trend to Borderlands, in the sense that certain factions/manufacturer guns may share similarities. Perhaps Fusion Weaponry is FWCs speciality.

It could then again just be a skin, applied to display allegiance, in the same way one would apply camo. Or just a unique weapon that happens to bare a faction logo, and I'm digging too deep.

Hmmm... and what if factions granted access to ever-so-slight tweaks towards certain guns, adding perhaps an exclusive block in the skill tree? I guess it could be a combination of these things, too. Thoughts?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread