So, is anyone else playing Star Wars Battlefront? (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 20:59 (3090 days ago)

Despite my reservations, I picked up Battlefront yesterday. I love it! I'm a big star wars fan, so of course that helps. But besides that, it is in many ways the perfect pallet cleanser after playing so much Destiny over the past year. It's just a dumb, fun shooter with plenty of big, bombastic action. It feels great to control, it looks and sounds spectacular, and it has plenty of "oh shit!" moments that put a smile on my face.

There's not a lot of game there compared to most full-price titles these days, so I could see that turning some people off. But for a fanboy like me, there's more than enough to keep me playing for quite a while.

Has anyone else checked it out? If you're playing on PS4, want to jump in together some time?

So, is anyone else playing Star Wars Battlefront?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 21:17 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I plan on getting it as a present for Christmas.

Santa is mercurial.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 00:24 (3090 days ago) @ dogcow

Yeah, same here. It's definitely on the list of games that I'm not allowed to buy for myself this close to Christmas.

I am.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 21:21 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I love it! Its such a nice change of pace from the grind of Destiny. Fallout is as well. Battlefront is great on so many levels. The learning curve is small, its simple, and extremely fun. In most games I find myself getting mad at the game because of different things (losing, OP guns/classes) but not on here. When I am playing and suddenly I have Darth Vader chasing after me, it just gets even more fun. It is just an all around fun game, that is beautiful. I got a new tv (went from 42" to 55") and as a result my skills have dropped in Destiny. It is going to take some getting used to the bigger screen, but as far as Battlefront is concerned, it is very pretty. There is virtually no lag, the menus are clean, the list just goes on.

Long story short, I have it and I love it, and it will be more fun drunk this weekend if you are interested?

I am.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 21:28 (3090 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I got a new tv (went from 42" to 55") and as a result my skills have dropped in Destiny. It is going to take some getting used to the bigger screen, but as far as Battlefront is concerned, it is very pretty.

Don't know how you guys do it. For me, the smaller the screen, the better. I have a 32 that I play on, and it's perfect. Sammy's TV has always bothered me, and my gameplay suffers from it. No idea how Blue does it with his projector, though it does explain his skill level some.

:v Eyoooooo!

Long story short, I have it and I love it, and it will be more fun drunk this weekend if you are interested?

Must be nice to have money...

I am.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 21:48 (3090 days ago) @ Korny

It was nice to have money. I would not have got a TV but there were some real life things that took place, and it was either get another TV or not play again for the forseeable future.

I am.

by Avateur @, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 23:26 (3090 days ago) @ Korny

Don't know how you guys do it. For me, the smaller the screen, the better. I have a 32 that I play on, and it's perfect. Sammy's TV has always bothered me, and my gameplay suffers from it. No idea how Blue does it with his projector, though it does explain his skill level some.

Agreed! My PC monitor is a 19", and my TV is 32". I do just fine on bigger TVs, but I don't prefer to use them. No comment on Blue's skill level, because while I don't think I've played much Crucible with him, he's a blast to play with in a Raid!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 21:25 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Despite my reservations, I picked up Battlefront yesterday. I love it! I'm a big star wars fan, so of course that helps. But besides that, it is in many ways the perfect pallet cleanser after playing so much Destiny over the past year. It's just a dumb, fun shooter with plenty of big, bombastic action. It feels great to control, it looks and sounds spectacular, and it has plenty of "oh shit!" moments that put a smile on my face.

There's not a lot of game there compared to most full-price titles these days, so I could see that turning some people off. But for a fanboy like me, there's more than enough to keep me playing for quite a while.

Has anyone else checked it out? If you're playing on PS4, want to jump in together some time?

We're over the fence on it in terms of "want" (we loved the Beta, and since friends are getting it, we want to as well), but we're at an odd point in time for the first time in a long time where we've bought way too many games in a short timeframe. I haven't touched Destiny in a couple of weeks because Black Ops 3, Dragon Fin Soup, and now Fallout 4 (thanks, Chaos!) have been difficult to juggle, since they're all fantastic games (I haven't even touched Warframe, and they have a crazy rare event going on).

It's weird, but it's also why we haven't picked up Battlefront. It would just be another game thrown into a pretty pricey and packed season so far (especially with some pretty big personal stuff that we're trying to coordinate as well). But we told Paddy that we'd be getting it, so it's kind of a "matter of time" thing, it seems...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 21:30 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lil'Blue reminds me every day that is out. I got it for him for Christmas but unfortunately I can't play it until then.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 22:04 (3090 days ago) @ bluerunner

Lil'Blue reminds me every day that is out. I got it for him for Christmas but unfortunately I can't play it until then.

Deliver it to him early with someone in a Wookie suit and Santa hat.

I'll send for Paddy.

+1

by Avateur @, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 23:28 (3090 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Yeah, we just passed Life Day.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 00:25 (3090 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Orange One, standing by.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 01:14 (3090 days ago) @ Revenant1988

since I have recently come into ownership of a ps4 and h5 was collecting dust, I own it on both. I am ready for this new future.

No, unfortunately (?).

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 22:28 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Like Korny said, there's just too much going on for me to justify buying it. I'll be on Fallout 4 for a while still, I'm sure, and then I plan to go back and finish Divinity Original Sin (which will be another forty hours at least, from what I've seen and heard about it).

The fact that Battlefield is multiplayer focus hurts it for me. I mean, that's probably what I'd want to spend most of my time with it doing anyway, but I already feel bad that I haven't played Halo 5's really fun multiplayer all that much.

I just can't add more games to my plate at the moment; I couldn't really justify adding Fallout 4 to my immediate list, but I did it anyway (no regrets!). I just can't, even though I want to.

Yup, I am.

by naturl selexion, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 00:59 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

The Force is stronger on the XBO. Just sayin'.

by Tex @, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 01:05 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

How's the PvE?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 10:35 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The beta left me horribly disappointed. Couldn't stand the PvP after playing something so polished for the last year.

But I've always loved the grand PvE battles in Battlefront. If they're still as good as they used to be I could see myself buying it for them and ignoring the PvP altogether.

How's the PvE?

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 10:46 (3090 days ago) @ someotherguy

I felt the same way as you after the BETA. But I do not regret my decision. But I cannot answer your question, because I cannot stop playing multiplayer. This game is great on so many levels. Its just a fun shooter.

I have heard good things about PVE though, and it has Co Op of course. *hint hint*

Ha, now you're talking

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 11:03 (3090 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

How's the PvE?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12:24 (3090 days ago) @ someotherguy

The beta left me horribly disappointed. Couldn't stand the PvP after playing something so polished for the last year.

I found myself really loving the gameplay in the Beta. I thought it felt pretty great to just be able to run and gun and not have to be amazingly skilled to do well or have to worry about all sorts of upgrades and mods and perks. It really felt like a callback to an earlier era of gaming (a very pretty callback!). Whether that's a good thing is obviously up for debate. I personally loved it, but I can definitely see it wearing thin after a week or so. As much as I enjoyed the Beta, I just don't see myself playing it for long enough to warrant a purchase, especially in this already game-rich fall.

But I've always loved the grand PvE battles in Battlefront. If they're still as good as they used to be I could see myself buying it for them and ignoring the PvP altogether.

I don't own it so can't say for sure, but from what I've heard it's pretty minimal, and if you don't plan on playing PvP extensively, probably not enough to warrant a purchase.

While I won't be picking it up myself, I'm glad that it seems like a pretty solid release that will provide a lot of fun for people (and hopefully sell well enough to warrant a sequel!). They absolutely nailed the Star Wars aesthetic, especially with the sounds. I've never felt more like I was IN Star Wars than when playing this game, and that's nearly enough to get me to rush out and buy it.

Top Notch Gameplay *VID*

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 10:53 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Here is my gameplay from Tuesday night, =].

Skip to 2:21:45 to see one of the many reasons I love this game.

Don't mind my sleeping menacing laughs

Loving it.

by BlackstarBSP, Saturday, November 21, 2015, 00:02 (3088 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread