What's that beeping sound? (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 14:05 (3085 days ago)

So far I've loved Fallout. There are just constantly new experiences. I just wanted to share this one with you. My companion experienced it more than I, but in this case that was a good thing. The beeping is getting louder...

Your mom backing up

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 18:18 (3085 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

:-p

Your mom backing up

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 18:21 (3085 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I knew I could count on you Cody.

Your mom backing up

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 18:27 (3085 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah sorry I don't play Fallout.

Your mom backing up

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 18:30 (3085 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's unfortunate, unless you just aren't into that kind of game

Your mom backing up

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 18:59 (3085 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

As someone who hated the Fallout games, Fallout 4 on Hard is that sweet spot between challenging and rewarding that few games can touch (enemies are fun to fight, and Legendary enemies/loot is doubled).

Pro-tip: at most, only fast travel between your Workbenches, walk everywhere else. I've run into so much fun stuff that I missed out on the first few days of playing it. Right now I'm inside a weird Quarry-like place that has Metro: Last Light-style flashbacks. Pretty neat.

Your mom backing up

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 19:05 (3085 days ago) @ Korny

As someone who hated the Fallout games, Fallout 4 on Hard is that sweet spot between challenging and rewarding that few games can touch (enemies are fun to fight, and Legendary enemies/loot is doubled).

Pro-tip: at most, only fast travel between your Workbenches, walk everywhere else. I've run into so much fun stuff that I missed out on the first few days of playing it. Right now I'm inside a weird Quarry-like place that has Metro: Last Light-style flashbacks. Pretty neat.

Yeah, from just walking around found a legendary Hunting rifle that it's perk is unlimited ammo capacity. Which really just means you never have to reload it. Unfortunately, because it's a hunting rifle, you still have to cock it :-(

Your mom backing up

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 19:57 (3085 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I found a similar "unlimited ammo" combat shotgun; makes me think there might be an "unlimited" version of each weapon. I think it dropped from a legendary raider (or maybe a ghoul) by the Revere Beach station.

Your mom backing up

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 20:22 (3085 days ago) @ Chappy

I found a similar "unlimited ammo" combat shotgun; makes me think there might be an "unlimited" version of each weapon. I think it dropped from a legendary raider (or maybe a ghoul) by the Revere Beach station.

Yeah, I suspect it's similar to Borderlands in that regard (ie, weapons with the "Casual" prefix all shoot double the rounds per shot).

I found a piece of armor that slows time down when you get below 20% health (which on Hard, it's at about 3-4 hits), and I can't imagine playing without it. Getting hit, then stimpacking, jumping into the air, swapping to my shotgun, turning 180 degrees and putting two rounds into the enemy's face before my feet hit the ground? So satisfyin', man...

Your mom backing up

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 21:45 (3085 days ago) @ Korny

The legendary perks do seem to be random, and applicable to anything in the same category. At least when they have a name prefix like that.

There might be some exceptions with the explicitly named items. I found a shotgun that's just named "Justice" rather than having a prefix like "mighty" or "neverending" in front of a normal weapon name, and I think its perk might be unique. Have seen a couple of similar items but I can't remember their names right now.

Your mom backing up

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 21:47 (3085 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

How's that implemented? I'm guessing you still have limited ammo, but firing just draws from your reserves instead of running out the magazine?

Your mom backing up

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 06:03 (3084 days ago) @ stabbim

How's that implemented? I'm guessing you still have limited ammo, but firing just draws from your reserves instead of running out the magazine?

Exactly. Your ammo counter reads 325/000 (if you have 325 round of ammo), and each shot drops he counter by one. You never need to reload.

Your mom backing up

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 21:42 (3085 days ago) @ Korny

I've been to that quarry! I thought it was a really fun encounter.

Your mom backing up

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:35 (3085 days ago) @ Korny

This is the only way I play Bethesda games. Without limiting myself in some way like that, it's too easy to fall into the trap of fast traveling to and from every quest, and the game devolves into a sort of checklist of chores, as determined by the quest log.

In Skyrim, I only fast traveled between cities. In Fallout 4, I only fast travel between my settlements (and Diamond City), and even then only rarely because eventually you get so many that even that isn't very limiting.

It's just another reason that I love Morrowind the most out of all the Bethesda games. It had fast travel, but it was baked into the game in an in-universe way. Teleportation between all the Mage's Guilds. Taking a boat from port to port. The Silt Striders. And the one I used all the time, the Mark and Recall spells. I placed a Mark Spell at my mansion in Balmora and could use Recall to warp there. So it never felt like "cheating" to fast travel.

I just finished the main quest line (with the Brotherhood) on my first character, after 37 hours. Didn't do much extra, as I actually found the main quest line pretty compelling. I just started a new character and plan to spend my time exploring more, and delving into the settlement system for real. Not sure what faction I'll play for this time.

Your mom backing up

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 06:27 (3084 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Wasn't there a way to jump from one city to another faster than the silt striders could do it?

Your mom backing up

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 12:14 (3084 days ago) @ Funkmon

There was a scroll you could get as you left the very first town. Scroll of Icarian Flight, I think? It let you jump ridiculously high. Like you could cover a quart of the map or something with it. But you died when you landed, unless you had a bunch of potions that raised your athletics. Or you could cast a levitation spell right before you hit the ground. It was kinda fun, but more trouble than it was worth. And I think there was only two or three of those scrolls, unless you used the duplication glitch.

You have to know how to handle those guys...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 21:49 (3085 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I may have actually laughed out loud when this happened:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stabbim/video/12841198

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:57 (3084 days ago) @ stabbim

Totally did not know I could shoot the bomb; I'll have to try that when I reattempt that same mission.

-- Steve's first few attempts ended... poorly. (He was badly under-levelled at the time.)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 00:21 (3084 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Totally did not know I could shoot the bomb; I'll have to try that when I reattempt that same mission.

-- Steve's first few attempts ended... poorly. (He was badly under-levelled at the time.)

You just shoot their right arm, and they drop it.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 01:40 (3084 days ago) @ stabbim

So charging at them in Power Armor that can take several full blasts isn't the ONLY way?

Well I'll be a rad-monkey's uncle.

Stealth sniper build is best build

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 10:10 (3084 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

Stealth sniper build is best build

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 04:57 (3080 days ago) @ ZackDark

I do keep that suppressed Gauss Rifle around for when the mood strikes. :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread