On XBOX One now (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, November 30, 2015, 16:56 (3072 days ago)

Petetheduck convinced me to get TTK on le olde Xbone so that we could do the refer a friend. I had vanilla destiny so I had a hunter at 22 when we started. After about 3 hours total (probabl less) I was level 40. One benefit of the refer-a-friend is that when you play together, you get an experience boost. Essentially you are "linked", you even get a special little icon when in a party together.

The quest is pretty straight forward. We got the cool shader right off the bat. The rest of the quest includes doing story missions, reaching level 40, completing a strike, heroic strike, nightfall, winning a crucible match. All aren't too terrible. I have no good guns, so we are currently 0-5 in the crucible which is preventing us from completing any more of the quest.

Long story short, I will be on here and there when I am not playing my PS4, so if you see me feel free to lend a helping hand. I could sure use it!

On XBOX One now, are rewards cross-platform?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, November 30, 2015, 18:29 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Long story short, I will be on here and there when I am not playing my PS4, so if you see me feel free to lend a helping hand. I could sure use it!

So, the big question is are the rewards tied to your bungie account & thus cross-platform, or are they platform specific? I have some nephews who might do destiny on the xbone/360, and if the rewards will cross the platform barrier (like my mythic emblem) then it might be worth it to jump through these hoops with them on the xbone/360 platform.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, November 30, 2015, 18:35 (3072 days ago) @ dogcow

Im assuming you are talking about the refer-a-friend rewards?

I am not sure. but that sure would be nice if they were. I tried to check my Tower Ghost, but the Shader is not showing up in there on my xbox. Best guess would be no.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, November 30, 2015, 18:39 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Im assuming you are talking about the refer-a-friend rewards?

I am not sure. but that sure would be nice if they were. I tried to check my Tower Ghost, but the Shader is not showing up in there on my xbox. Best guess would be no.

Yes, I'm talking about the refer-a-friend rewards. Can you check next time you're on the PS4?

by TheeChaos @, Monday, November 30, 2015, 18:43 (3072 days ago) @ dogcow

Yes I will check today when I have the chance. Shoot me a message and remind me if you can, I have to help my in-laws move today so I may forget.

Checked, Did NOT have the shader.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 00:02 (3072 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Ok, thanks.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 14:46 (3071 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

I though refer-a-friend was next gen only?

by Raflection, Monday, November 30, 2015, 19:27 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Don't make me do it...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 30, 2015, 20:19 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Don't make me buy TTK on Xbox and get my baby hunter up and running ;)

JUST DO IT

by petetheduck, Monday, November 30, 2015, 20:45 (3072 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yesterday you said tomorrow so JUST DO IT.

Don't make me do it...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 01:27 (3072 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'll stay up late to "refer" you. :)

Don't make me do it...

by petetheduck, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 01:31 (3072 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll stay up late to "refer" you. :)

He could almost sell it.

Hope you get something good for it, Cruel.

Do it!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 01:32 (3072 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

....then hold my hand all the way to the Lighthouse!

I was thinking the same thing! (:

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 02:46 (3072 days ago) @ Oholiab

The line for Cruel's ride the Lighthouse forms here. Single file please!

I was thinking the same thing! (:

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 09:25 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That means my line will be completely empty!

On XBOX One now

by squidnh3, Monday, November 30, 2015, 20:58 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

When you feel sufficiently geared, I'd certainly be up for running some Trials with you.

On XBOX One now...Now?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 03:05 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I'm about to sign in, and would love some company for my recreated Warlock. Couldn't find you under TheeChaos though. I'm Mid7night everywhere. ;)

Sorry about that.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 09:24 (3072 days ago) @ Mid7night

Gamertag is xTheeChaosx.

I got a hankering to do some Trials of Osiris last night. Beorn and Ottermack helped me out and we went straight to the lighthouse! Got my first 320 drop, finally.

Sorry about that.

by petetheduck, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 10:22 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Gamertag is xTheeChaosx.

I got a hankering to do some Trials of Osiris last night. Beorn and Ottermack helped me out and we went straight to the lighthouse! Got my first 320 drop, finally.

You make this sound so easy with how often you report success.

"Oops, dropped my controller and accidentally made it to the Lighthouse"

Sorry about that.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 10:31 (3072 days ago) @ petetheduck

Haha im sorry. Once I get the appropriate gear (and perhaps if cruel joins me, cough cough) we can start running trials with you guys.

Last night was probably one of my easiest tickets ever in trials. I did however have something crazy happen I will try and post later today. I was tethered with black hole, shot a guy in the head (got the precision damage color) but only did 171 damage. So it didn't kill him.

Sorry about that.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 11:40 (3071 days ago) @ petetheduck

Gamertag is xTheeChaosx.

Seriously! The way I hear the "Lighthouse regulars" talk, I swear they're playing a different game. I'd love to see that burning place, but evidently I haven't found someone with a big enough backpack yet. :P

Sorry about that.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 14:40 (3071 days ago) @ Mid7night

Gamertag is xTheeChaosx.

Seriously! The way I hear the "Lighthouse regulars" talk, I swear they're playing a different game. I'd love to see that burning place, but evidently I haven't found someone with a big enough backpack yet. :P

I feel you man, sometimes I wonder if a good size backpack isn't what people need. I'll have to rent a U-Haul to transport myself.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread