The front page and my phone are not friends

by Chris101b @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 14:47 (3978 days ago)

Since this site launched, I have not been able to use the front page very easily when I use my phone. The problem is the static banner. When I zoom in to read the news items or click on links, the top banner stays on screen and increases in size as well. It takes up most of the screen. And when I do manage to get it out of the way, I still have problems. While the banner isn't visible, it's like it's still THERE. So whenever I try to click on a news item that overlaps where the banner items SHOULD be, it picks those items before it picks the news item. For example, I was just trying to look at the article about the PS4 controls, and whenever I tapped on it, it would either open up the search bar, bring me to the forum, or force me to look at the crew behind DBO. Don't get me wrong, I think you people are beautiful and all, but I just want to look at the things on the front page, not your faces. I tried 5 different times to tap on different parts of the news article but couldn't get to the story.

Also, clicking on the forum button is a big hassle since since every time I try to zoom in on the banner to click on it, the banner increases in size until the forum button disappears of the right side off the screen and since the banner is attached to my view, I can't scroll to over to the right.

Are there any plans on fixing this issue? Or am I the only one having problems with it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 14:50 (3978 days ago) @ Chris101b

I have these problems also, I just gave up on using the front page on my phone.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 14:55 (3978 days ago) @ Chris101b

This is a common issue for phone screens. I've been meaning to take a look at it and write up a solution, but time is not an abundance.

I'll take a look tonight.

Fix it Paddy! FIX IT! FIX IT!

by Chris101b @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 15:35 (3978 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT!

You're our only hope....

Front page?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 15:26 (3978 days ago) @ Chris101b

- No text -

The tradition continues lol

by Chris101b @, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 15:36 (3978 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

Known Issue

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:44 (3977 days ago) @ Chris101b

Yeah, we know about it, and there are some (really cool) plans to fix it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread