So about that Assasins Creed movie... (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 14:15 (2914 days ago) @ breitzen
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 14:38

Wow that trailer looked dull. This, plus Warcaft is going to remind people why we don't do Video Game to Movie adaptations.

It is hilarious that they open the trailer with what in the original game was the twist surprise (that it's not really real).

Second of all, this is not a movie that needed to be made. I'm currently in the process of getting an adaptation of a game to the screen, and the biggest thing I've learned is that if the story was told well enough in the game then there's no point. (The game I'm trying to adapt has a great story, but had no business at all being a game, and the story was hindered significantly by that choice. Thus, a flim adaptation will strengthen the material).

Assassins creed will flop. Warcraft will flop. Ratchet and Clank flopped. Angry Birds I really have no idea about.

There's a reason the Uncharted movie never happened. It doesn't have to.

The biggest problem with Video Game Movies is that the wrong games are being chosen to adapt.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread