I should have said major problems. (Off-Topic)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 17:42 (2914 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think they were good movies, the romance between Tauriel and Kili, the extended action, the background with the elves and dwarves, the expansion of The Master of Lake Town, etc. I enjoyed all of it.

Each movie had a nice story arc, and the three movies as a whole told a good story as well.

The problems, in my opinion, with The Hobbit are there because the story in itself didn't have enough substance to fill three movies, but had enough plot events for three movies. In being stuck with the story of the book, the movie makers were limited in what they could do with the plot to fill out the dead space. They had to bring in tons of subplots that could conceivably have been in the Middle Earth junk, but they couldn't be fleshed out too heavily. The added stuff, in my opinion, did enough for me to enjoy the movies in and of themselves.

I think they would have been much better if Jackson just dumped half of the book, but the stuff they did change and add, in my opinion, only made the movies better. They aren't great films, but they're still good. In much the same way, McDonald's hamburgers are still good even if they're not In N Out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread