I'm a doom fan, so don't listen to me. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 15, 2016, 19:14 (2911 days ago) @ Funkmon

For example, I bought Mass Effect a few years ago. I've literally never launched it, and I had to struggle to think of it. Don't worry about it, man. Just don't buy the game.

Oh, you're right, of course. Keeping up with new releases is a fool's errand. I watch a lot of Giant Bomb and listen to some gaming podcasts, so it's easy to feel like I'm falling behind or missing out on things. I try not to let it affect me, and honestly it usually doesn't. I've been playing fewer and fewer games lately. I do buy a lot of games, but I don't buy games I don't really want to play. I'll be playing Dark Souls 3 until Mirror's Edge comes out, probably. I buy way more "indie" games than AAA games anymore. They're perfect for me. Cheap, usually pretty short. I just like playing new things, even if only for a few hours. There are plenty of games I've played for three or four hours, then put down and never touched again and feel like I got what I needed or wanted from the experience. I just like trying new/interesting things.

I'll probably pick it up when it's cheap through PS+ or Deals with Gold or something. Or, like you said, not at all. My games schedule is pretty full up for the next few months, and I've got a garage full of Mustang parts that need to be installed now that the weather is nice.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread