The New Order was pretty good stuff. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 19, 2016, 14:31 (2907 days ago) @ Funkmon

If this helps, the developers all used to work at Starbreeze, and also did the Chronicles of Riddick games, which were absolutely fantastic.

I loved the first Riddick game, but could not get more than two hours into Assault on Dark Athena without giving up. I'm not sure why, as from everything I could tell, and everything I heard, it's basically just more of almost exactly what Escape from Butcher Bay was. It just didn't click. Maybe too much time had passed and I built up Butcher Bay too much in my head or something, I dunno.

When I bought my PS4, it came with the Nathan Drake Collection, which I'm now done with, and I also got a free copy of Lego Jurassic World that I've never even opened. I think I'll go trade those in and see what I can get with whatever money I get out of those.

Speaking of which, man . . . I desperately want to be all digital, but I looked up Wolfenstein and it's still $60 on the PS4 storefront. It's $20 brand new at any store for a physical copy. It's stupid and frustrating. I would be more than happy to pay $20 for a digital copy that I can't trade in when I'm done. . . instead I'm going to end up spending $17 on a used copy at Gamestop and then trade it back in a month and let someone else do the same thing. They're fucking themselves out of money, and I don't get it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread