How to level for the raid (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 19:59 (2802 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I asked Speedracer if he wanted me to show him where to go, and he said yes. Maybe wandering aimlessly around the Cosmodrome looking for collectables is fun for you... if so, great!

It's fun if I'm with friends. It's not fun if I look at a guide, the zoom to the spots and head off to the next step. Like I said, Destiny is a social game.

You just completely skipped over the part where I explained my complaint: the part of the game I enjoy REQUIRES dozens of hours of grinding before I am able to play it.

Except you're grossly exaggerating about that too. Just doing the story missions and a bit of Engram decoding boosts you up to the 350-ish area. Trials won't be back for over a week, and there's days to go before the Raid, which only needs you to be 360 to complete. Is that such a crazy goal that requires "dozens of hours"? I'm 348 after last night, and my Vault is still stocked with Exotics that I haven't bothered to decode (really, nothing new interests me loot-wise outside of the Raid sniper and Pulse Rifle).

I'm sure you can survive with regular playtime. Worst-case scenario, you don't haaaaaave to play Trials the day it comes back, or the Raid the minute it drops. That's that "racing" mentality at play (as much as you deny it).

OR, if the game is built in a way that I need to play a whole bunch of other stuff before I can get to the part I enjoy, I wish that other content was more fun. Again, none of my complaints are about the amount of content (in either direction). It's about the quality of the content, and the fact that I MUST repeat a whole bunch of it over and over to get to the activities I enjoy.

I too wish I could skip the intro of Skyrim and go right into the final fight to save the world and feel like a Hero. That's what the game is all about right? Feeling like a world-saving hero is the part that I enjoy, so if I can skip the rest of the game, then that's what I'd love to do...
I dunno, man. I think a little perspective helps out a lot. Try to play a differnet game, like Neverwinter (free!) which has tons of content, but requires some pretty huge grinding (you have to buy resources that let you decrypt engrams).
Or play Rainbow Six Siege, where every match is like a more thinking-heavy round of Trials.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread