There are perks to it... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 14:34 (2612 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Interesting, but I've never been a fan of subscriptions. I like to own my music. My videos. My games. Will keep an eye on this though...

Same, but at the same time, PSNow was a huge help in a number of purchasing decisions. I never would have bought the Uncharted games after really disliking the first one, but I finally gave the sequels a try through the streaming, and loved them enough to buy them. I also put an hour into games like Farming Simulator 17 (don't ask), FEAR, and Lost Planet, which helped me decide not to bother buying them.

Helps satiate curiosity, gives you some variety, and does ultimately save you money if you use it enough (My siblings played through a bunch of the Lego games, which they usually buy and burn through in under a month).

The only downside to downloading vs. Streaming is the fact that you have to be pretty sure about the game before you start the download process, but that's still way more convenient than buying a game and deciding that you don't like it...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread