Dude, they're cosmetic (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, March 01, 2017, 20:58 (2612 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And yet you played through Titanfall 2, which has multiplayer Microtransactions. Your credibility grows by the second...

And have I played any Titanfall 2 multiplayer? Nope. Not a single game.

I didn't know it even had them until now. Thanks. Sorry Cruel, but I won't be trying it.

I hate the general trend of microtransactions permeating games as much as the next guy... but you're taking things to a bit of a silly place here :)

Just my opinion of course, but Titanfall 2 is THE BEST PvP shooter I've ever played. I love almost every single thing about it. People can buy different skins for their weapons through microtransactions. They release new maps and game modes for free for everyone. If that's a deal breaker for you, then that's your decision. Just seems like a silly reason to boycott a game... especially when you've already bought it!

That's what makes it tough. You think giving up a new Deus Ex game was easy either?

It just seems to me (again, someone who generally dislikes microtransactions), that Respawn is one of the few developers that is implementing MTs in a way that actually benefits the entire player base, including those who never spend extra money.

Optional cosmetic items that players can buy if they want to, and everyone gets free maps and modes. It's worth noting that the game ships with dozens of different skins and patterns available to everyone, so it's not like players who don't buy MTs get short changed on that front.

Seems to me like Titanfall 2 should be appreciated for the responsible way they've incorporated microtransactions, not punished because other games have used them in bad ways.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread