Well.....The RIGHT People. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 14:54 (2513 days ago) @ Morpheus

A couple of days ago, I had posted an Iron Banner FTB, and (yep) only two people signed up. They both arrived thankfully, but couldn't stay long. I look at my friends list and see four people on IB. I sent them each a message, and less than 10 minutes later...

This is not really what the FTB is for, or about. There are DBO people playing IB EVERY SINGLE NIGHT OF AN IB WEEK, and this has been true for every single IB event Bungie has ever hosted.

Fifteen minutes before you joined us, I got on, saw a group of DBOers playing, and shot one a note - "if a spot opens up, shoot me an invite". I immediately got a party invite. Mal was already waiting for a slot - how about if Mal and I start up a second group? Fine idea - so we did. Two games in, you messaged - and within another 20 minutes, we had a team of 6.

The Fire Team Builder was designed more for long-term, harder-to-gather events - Raids and such. IB (really, any Crucible activity) is a drop-in, drop out event with 10-minute increments; yes, it's better to play with a full team, but scheduling to do that is probably going to be unproductive, since most of the people doing it aren't going to bother looking for events. They're just going to jump on and play.

(Yes, I know you've had trouble getting raids together, too, and I find that rather odd, but can't explain it. But this particular instance? Easy to explain.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread