Why do people love Vanquish so much? (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 27, 2017, 03:32 (2523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Aren't you the one who says that a game should be inherently fun on its own, without requiring people to play it a certain way to be fun?

You can play any game in ways so as to make it not fun. So to answer your question: NO.

That's literally the opposite of what I asked.

Comprehension.

If there exists ways to play every game that kills the fun, then every game is required to be played a certain way so as to be fun. So I would never argue what you just said.

I didn't ask if there were ways to make a game unfun.

I said that the defense that this guy (and other Vanquish defenders) uses is "you won't have fun unless you play the game using these tricks!" As in, you, the player, have to go out of your way to MAKE THE GAME FUN. Why is it not fun on its own? Why should I have to go out of my way to use button combos that the game does not require in order to have fun? Any game has optional features that add to the game and make it more fun, but the game should be fun on its own. Is it fun to play Dead Space games using only the Plasma Cutter? Yes. Is it fun to use other weapons? Also yes! Are you required to use other weapons or Suits to make the game fun? Nope.

Then people say Vanquish is boring. Even the guy on the video admits that the game is a Japanese take on more successful Western franchises "but IF YOU PLAY THE GAME DIFFERENTLY, it's more than that". Well, he just acknowledged that you have to go out of your way to make it fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread