The Vault is just terrible. (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 10:36 (2413 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Using the Bungie app, you can also use layered sorts, although they get reset if you click on any other screen ("Details", for instance.)

I find it very useful to sort Power, then Rarity, then Item Type. That way, all items are listed as item type (Auto Rifle, Leg armor, etc) and within that, exotics then legendaries etc, then under that, by power.

I wish "Item Type" would organize by slot instead of alphabetical, though. Aligning with the UI in-game would be best (Kinetic, Energy, Power, Helmet, Arms, Chest, Legs, Class Item).

Yeah, the app sorts are pretty useful. I just wish they were in the real game. It's like Bungie correctly interpreted three years worth of API data and judged that most everyone would use the app all the time "for muh two screen experiunse!"and didn't even bother for those of us who prefer to never have to look away from the game screen.

There. Fixed that for ya.

Please don't put these words in my mouth. Seeing that people preferred to use apps to the in-game vault in D1 could just have easily told Bungie that the vault sucked and needed fixing, rather than telling Bungie that an app is the right solution. Correlation does not equal causation.

So... your stance is that... it could have meant literally anything? I disagree. There would have been API data. Internal play tests. External play tests. Reading news articles and reviews. Venturing into Reddit. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don’t even disagree that the new vault is a decent step backwards, but trying to ignore my good point because correlation does not equal causation is... heh... weak at best. As is assuming that Bungie assumed.

lol @ "FTFY" = "my good point"

So, you’re going to play the role of Cody Miller and outright ignore everything you disagree with, huh? As stated above, my point is that the current state of the Vault most likely is the result of three years worth of data collection, of both analytics and opinion & moods, combined with the normal pressure and shifting priorities of shipping a massive multimillion dollar piece of entertainment software. It sure is heck a better guess than “It's like Bungie assumed everyone would use the app all the time...”

Frankly, if you’re not gonna give me even an inch you will not receive one in return.

I'm glad you agree with me that the in-game vault is bad, even if it took you a double-negative to admit it.

It is obvious that the Vault is not where it should be. It is not obvious as to the actual reason why. In cases like this, you are constantly and consistently negative as to those reasons. And it is deeply frustrating. Unfortunately, it is exactly what I expect from you every sing,e time I see you have posted.

If you didn't attack people with combative and insulting posts all the time you'd find more positive responses.

Look at this thread: You replied to me with what is essentially a troll-grade post. Then you complained that it didn't get a well reasoned and thoughtful response from me, and you're finishing your complaint with a personal attack. I want to respect you, because I see in threads that you initiate that you are a smart and well-reasoned person. In your replies, however, you are frequently insulting (and not just to me). You're the king of demanding people post links to evidence while often making baseless (and linkless) claims, yourself. That bungie designed the vault based on 3 years of API data, for example, and that such imagined data (however likely it may be to exist) "obviously" supports making a good app and bad vault. This is exactly the sort of claim you often call others out on and it reeks of hypocrisy.

If you had replied with "I agree that the vault is a step back from D1, but I think it may be permissible since the app is so much better" that would not have garnered the "lol raga troll" response I gave you because it would have been both polite and contributing to the conversation.

At this point, it's probably better we if just stop replying to one another's posts. I think it's bringing down the atmosphere here on dbo and I don't like feeling like I'm fighting with someone for no reason.

If you feel compelled to reply, let's discuss something positive: Did you know I found a cool shortcut in the EDZ yesterday? It was neat! And I posted a map and everything!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread