Harder to ignore (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 11:24 (2394 days ago) @ Schooly D

With any luck the public outcry will keep this away

lol

That's not how this works. This is how it works:

(News comes out Game Company might do Bad Thing)
Person A: "Wow, this is troubling"
Person B: "Game Company would never do this, stop being negative"

(Game Company does Bad Thing)
Person A: "Wow, this sucks"
Person B: "No it doesn't, it's a Good Thing and you need to like it or leave it, hater"

You need to change "Person B" to "Person C" in the second grouping. Because there's nothing that suggests that the same person who'd say the first thing (I've said close to the first thing - though with 'probably not' instead of 'never') would say the second (I've never said the second).

Anyone who has endorsed or condoned microtransactions in Destiny shouldn't really have any ground (or reason) to criticize this patent though: if you've accepted that microtransactions are a Good Thing, why would it be a Bad Thing for Bungie to encourage people to buy them surreptitiously? Of course in this case we'll probably never know if/when this get implemented in whatever game we're playing.

I've accepted that microtransactions are an okay thing - they don't affect me directly, and indirectly they fund stuff I would otherwise have to pay for. I do NOT agree that it follows that someone actively trying to subvert my actions without being honest about it is also an okay thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread