Harder to ignore (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 13:16 (2393 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I used Uriel’s Gift last time I ran the Raid and was consistently second in terms of damage dealt with everyone else using Coldheart. It’s definitely overrated. The benefit is not in DPS but in that you don’t have to manage recoil and that it’s easier to just point it at the weak spot and hold the trigger.

This, plus ammo. Relying on your Power weapon to damage the boss can be a bit of a risk, because you’ll often find yourself without Power ammo when the damage phase happens. So using an Energy or Kinetic weapon is safer in that regard, assuming you have one that does high DPS (such as Cold Heart)

I never, ever touch mine. There are so many other weapons that perform way better.

lol - I agreed with most of the thread up until this line.

There are certainly weapons that perform almost as well against Calus. I would challenge you to provide ONE example of a weapon that performs better (never mind "way better") against him.

(It's the only place I use Coldheart - but it's definitely the highest-DPS choice in this fight.)

Ah, my bad. I meant in general, not specifically against Calus. I see why some folks use it, it's almost like an easy-mode DPS machine. Personally, I tend to use linear fusions on bosses/larger enemies because Fusion + crit damage is a good time and I don't necessarily have to stay out from cover.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread