Last of Us Part 2 (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 06:50 (2370 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This one might be harder to get through emotionally than part 1 was.

I'm as excited as every for TLOU Part II, but this trailer did nothing for me. I don't know these characters, and this trailer didn't tell me anything about them either. I honestly am not sure what I was supposed to get out of it.

Well, the woman being hanged is very strongly implied to be Anna, Ellie's mom, who died shortly after her birth. The trailer isn't super obvious about this other than the fact that they both seem to be modeled after Ashley Johnson's likeness, though Anna is voiced by Laura Bailey (and you don't use Bailey on a throwaway character, either... well, unless you're 343 Industries...).

Naughty Dog kind of gave it away on Twitter, by naming all of the characters except her, but the number of blacked-out letters match Anna's name, and they wouldn't censor it unless it was a spoiler in itself. That's probably why Druckmann said that you don't know "when" this trailer takes place.
Also, this probably shows how Anna becomes involved with the Fireflies, and I'm pretty sure Yara and Lev will play an important part in Ellie's story years later, especially if Ellie's on a roaring rampage of revenge...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread