Last of Us Part 2 (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 03, 2017, 09:55 (2367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't imagine what the experience would have been like if I didn't take the time to find audio logs and holograms on outcroppings and cliffs that revealed things like the Air Force Academy, for example.

If you could play them while traveling from place to place you’d have a point. I care less about how the world came to be while playing and more about what I am going to do next. Backstory can be taken in whenever.

You can. Any that you scan, you can listen to later, and they are organized in your Datalog menu, so just be sure to scan around the room for them at least... But a lot of the emotional impact from areas that are otherwise long-abandoned comes from hearing and reading the stories of the people who inhabited them. Hearing a story about two people who fought side by side has a bit more impact when you can see their bodies together in front of you as you hear their final moments...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread