Last of Us Part 2 (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 03, 2017, 10:22 (2367 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, November 03, 2017, 10:29

Is this going to be like Halo 5 in that you have to be a story expert to get what’s going on? I literally do not remember anything of what you said, and I played the game four times through.

Nope. She is mentioned a few times in TLoU (if you check your pack during "Winter", you can even read a letter from her). You don't really know much about her beyond Marlene's recordings in the Hospital, so don't worry.

Okay cool. I generally don’t even listen to audio logs.

Please tell me you're listening to the audio logs and other lore stuff in H:ZD...?

Yeah, that stuff has been pretty decent so far. Like the one room I was just in looked all the world like these soldiers had been slaughtered and just by looking at it I would assume they had no chance. In reality, they were part of an ace unit that had been all over the country if not the world and had successfully defended important facilities against the machines multiple times. So that they were defeated there spoke to the increasing severity of the attacks, or that this location had successfully withstood attacks in the past.

I guess it just seems to me that the order that I take in things like that matters nearly as much as what is said in the logs. I wouldn't watch just the actions scenes of a great movie then go back and watch the slower dialogue portions, for instance!

At the very least, skipping logs especially in important set piece locations is arguably akin to ignoring the intended direction and editing of the game's story...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread