"It doesn't affect anyone so it's not a problem" (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, November 20, 2017, 13:40 (2356 days ago) @ Korny

That's a terrible argument.

And not the one I'm making. It's an issue about cosmetics, and it's likely representative of the vast majority of D2's playerbase.

You probably weren't affected by the loot RNG preventing you from having enough light to do hardmode VoG before CE came out, but I was, and it SUCKED. It was an awful problem. And it doesn't matter that it didn't affect 99.99% of players because for that 0.01% who were affected, it was horrible.

And again, that was not about cosmetics, this is. Nobody is at a disadvantage because of a game's cosmetics. "But but, Mods aren't cosmetic!" Someone who plays the game more will always have more mods than someone who only gets the three boosted Engrams per week. It's a dumb argument by default, since someone who plays less will, by that same token, have less of everything than a hardcore player.

This isn't about cosmetics. It's about lying to the players about your game's mechanics.

Edge cases matter, and I would hope that anyone interested in fairness and justice would stand up for every case, not simply the cases which affect only them.

You can't make everyone happy. If they can make "99.99% of players" happy, then I call that an incredible success.

I would be surprised if 99.99% of players were made happy by being lied to.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread