"It doesn't affect anyone so it's not a problem" (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, November 20, 2017, 13:44 (2356 days ago) @ unoudid

You can't make everyone happy. If they can make "99.99% of players" happy, then I call that an incredible success.

With D2 they've tried to cater to the 99% and ended up making a game that is just not fun. While they may have made the 99% happy, they killed the game for the 1% that was most vocal in promoting the game and the 1% who played the game the most.

I like to put twitch streams on in the background while I'm at work and nearly everyone I follow is playing Fortnite right now. Usually these people would be streaming trials nonstop.

I hate to say it, but as of right now I wouldn't recommend D2 to any of my IRL friends or coworkers who are looking for a new game to start.

At least in my case, its primary launch content drought. The game is absolutely more fun than D1 (as a platform) ever was. However, its missing the larger volume of content D2 had amassed by the time TTK came out. If we had post TTK levels of content on top of D2's platform, I'd be way more inclined to play D2 than I ever was to play D1.

Having .1% of D2's player base be unhappy, even if they were the most faithful and vocal of D1's players, means absolutely nothing. Why they were faithful toward a crap game (my opinion, of course) that didn't deserve that faithfulness is no reason to say that D2's positive changes weren't worth making.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread