Feels like being asked to join a fight I don’t understand... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 13:57 (2345 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe everybody else has awesome sources and knows what happened and why, but I don’t. I don’t have a good feeling for who are the good guys and bad guys in all of this or in what measure each side might partially deserves those terms.

For instance, if this petition is successful, who does it benefit and who does it harm? Sure, we the fans get some cool music and Marty gets the satisfaction of a lot of hard work finally making it to its intended audience. But is there also some measure of revenge or comeuppance included? And on the other side, if this petition is successful, is someone having to eat crow, or be embarrassed, or back away from some sort of action that made sense at the time? Or is this petition purely a force of good overcoming some small, powerful faction of spiteful evil clinging to their last way to stab at Marty?

Like the title says, it feels like being asked to join a fight I don’t understand... and in a lot of ways I don’t appreciate that. Without good information I can’t make a good decision, so for now my decision is to stay as far away from all this as I can.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread