Zavala did nothing wrong (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 08:53 (2056 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I honestly don't think they really want us thinking about Zavala this way. They're just using this to manufacture dramatic conflict between NPCs that we resolve with our actions. They've just designated Zavala as the person who feels that maintaining the status quo is the best that can be expected-- a status quo the player breaks by acting.

The problem is that I basically agreed with Zavala, given the information on hand. The real threat in the story wasn't Uldren, it was the person they were working for. That wasn't the thesis Zavala was responding to, though, and Petra never interacts with Zavala. She just recruits Cayde to clean up her mess without actually telling anyone what's really going on, or how her own actions precipitated the crisis (at least, not until it's over) and then Zavala and Ikora fight over whether or not it's worth taking the risk to get revenge on Uldren.

Zavala concludes, rightly I think, that it isn't. It IS worth it to figure out what's going on in the Dreaming City that poses a bigger threat, but that's not the argument Ikora is making, and there's actually no hint that Zavala knows or is ever told anything about it.

If only our guardian could speak more than a few words, we could have told him...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread