Here’s a dumb question... (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, December 20, 2018, 06:19 (1977 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Petra is pretty convinced it is her and that opening mission she treats it as confirmation. And I believe there is indirect reference to Riven as a separate entity in that conversation. It’s been a little while since I played that mission though I do admit.

True, but I took that to be confirmation bias as she clearly desperately wanted to believe Mara was alive, and felt guilty about mishandling Uldren's incarceration and escape.

I think it's largely a failed misdirection, I agree-- it's easier just to believe Petra and expect Mara to be there than to be suspicious of Petra's credulousness and then be surprised when mara shows up.

Ultimately, it's also the fact that there is a Triumph, Advisor to the Crown, that says "Vist the Queen's Court every time Mara is present." Kinda takes all the ambiguity away.

Yes, and also means I can't get it because the first time I made it she wasn't there?

The meaning of "every time" is unclear to me in this context. That would seem to indicate that if I did not make it there the first week I could have, you can't get that Triumph.

Which I guess is fine. Triumphs aren't content, but it is near impossible to be sure that I've followed all the story threads under the current circumstances, and even then a lot of lore is tied to/revealed by Triumphs. Combine that with timers and limited periods for things and taking a break for the game literally means you don't know what's going on without seeking out spoilers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread