Worse than I thought! (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, December 20, 2018, 20:08 (1986 days ago) @ narcogen

Most of this dialogue hasn’t been particularly consequential. It’s just building the sense of frustration and desperation that the awoken in the DC are facing, trapped in a time loop. The meetings with Mara are usually just nice little bits of character development, but there have been a few surprises. On one occasion, our arrival interrupted a meeting with another visitor. And then this week, Mara herself was absent, but we got the cutscene (which is by far the most consiquential plot development so far).

Wow. That makes it seem even worse than I thought.

They've locked the character development behind a grind now.

I mean... kudos I guess for them being so meta about acknowledging all the repetition going on, but...

Listen, I hate the Destiny grind. A lot. I'm not happy with the Forsaken grind and I'm kinda hanging back a bit to "play catchup" every time the ceiling rises.

That being said, the Mara stuff was never behind a grind. On corrupted weeks especially, the Blind Well isn't hard to "matchmake" into and it really doesn't take long. Like, an hour a week for the lore isn't a grind, is it?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread