Halo Infinite Campaign (Trailer?) (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 25, 2021, 14:38 (921 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, October 25, 2021, 14:43

I mean, I love Death Stranding. I love how active just walking through the world is. But it’s also completely empty. With very rare exception, there is no reason to deviate from the ideal path. There’s nothing to discover. That’s not a knock on Death Stranding. The reason to explore is because it’s often necessary to overcome obstacles in making deliveries. Halo cannot mimic that, though.

I'm not sure I agree. I explored a lot… because it was fun for its own sake. That was because just moving around in the world was engaging. There was nothing here in terms of story or powerups:

[image]

But I was very satisfied and happy just getting there and finding it. That's what I mean when I say it's exposed the flaw in many open world games. For them, there is no joy in mere traversal.

Halo always kind of had this in a roundabout way: tricking. Maybe we can get Rockslider playing Halo Infinite for the next 20 years.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread