Meh. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 19:33 (919 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 19:45

Not to be contrarian simply for its own sake, but... there's nothing in here that makes this a day one play. Then again, that was true anyway with building standard of releasing an unfinished game, A.K.A "Where is the Halo Staple Co-Op Mode?", and fixing it later on. Plus, man... they are REALLY going in all ham with that Grappling Hook. I think I've said this before, in one of the many ways only my posts can (:P), but it really has me scratching my head here. Is it that it feels like some sort of violation of a tried and true game-play loop...or... SOMETHING?

It's ... ... ... what they are using to sell this game. It should be the world right? THE SANDBOX. Not just one new toy in the sandbox, BUT ALL THE POTENTIAL this wider Halo Sandbox can give. And I'm just not seeing it. The "Story" of whatever this is reeks too hard of "We needed a way to justify this". It feels forced. With this being 343, EVEN WITH Joseph Staten helping steer this ship, I need something that washes out that bad taste I get from 343's renditions in 4 & 5.

I'm not even sure I want to poke it right now.

Edit: One more thing. It occurs to me that if this was say when Halo 5 came out, may have been different. That on the face of it, the little that is shown would be enough to bring about some sort of excitement. In such a span there have been more and more large free roaming game play worlds. Witcher 3, Red Dead 2, Pray 2, Ubisofts Games... eh so on. What brings it all together? What makes one game feel like a whole package, while other games can feel like a bunch of scattered lonely tricks. Cool on the surface but ultimately hallow to play. I'm not sure I have the words to answer that right now, but "feel" wise, I'm just not seeing it in Halo Infinite yet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread