Great Interview (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 08, 2023, 13:11 (172 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

What an amazing talent!

She cuts against the grain of people being categorized into good guys and bad guys. What a sweet personality. Between her and Salvatori, it gives me pause about how quick the narratives have formed.

I started watching this earlier tonight but haven't yet finished. Your comment doesn't surprise me. She's always been one of my favorites, and I am heartbroken by what's happened.

None of this means that she and Salvatori haven't been done wrong. I wish I could turn the other cheek with such grace. I admire it.

Yeah, if you’re firing these people, you’ve done something wrong. They are paying the price for some massive miscalculations that are impacting the whole industry.

It's a good reminder that many companies in the tech space are in trouble. I don't deny that bad actors exist. I don't deny that greed and a whole range of human foibles came into play. I don't deny that individuals at Bungie have been treated badly in the past. Yet I know good people still work there (a high percentage of them, no doubt), they care about their work, and I'm sad for them, having to suffer through the publicity shitstorm.

As I said in another place, organizations allow humans to do things to people we would never do on our own. They can feel like family until goals no longer align.

Truth! And it must be said, organizations allow humans to accomplish positive things that they couldn't do as individuals. Change is the only constant. No arrangement is permanent.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread