Honestly (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 18:58 (165 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 19:16

I like Myelin, but I wish he knew Bungie lore halfway as well as he knows Destiny lore. At least for the sake of this interview. I understand why ex-Bungie folks do these things with streamers. That's where the audience is. Maybe it's the wealth of high-quality podcasts these days, but damn I just don't enjoy listening to unprepared interviewers, and it doesn't help having a comment section scrolling inanities down half the screen the whole time. Give me Tim Ferris or Terry Gross or the Hot Ones guy or SOMEONE who does some research.

Lorraine is a sweetheart, and she indulged him, but it was clear she expected him to know some things he didn't, and I got frustrated at his seemingly not understanding basic stuff, like code names for example, that had to be explained. I kept thinking about how much richer the interview could have been had a long-time fan done the interviewing (Hey Lorraine! [makes a "call me" gesture]). I'm not saying the interview should not have been accessible to newer fans, but a good, prepared interviewer could have easily made it so with a few "for viewers who don't know" asides. I admit I'm jealous, so keep that in mind if I say I don't think he was a great listener. Then again, I don't know how streamers game and talk to live commenters at the same time. I couldn't. God knows I don't think anyone could do that while also trying to do one of the hardest things in the world, which is really listening to someone who's talking.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread