Honestly (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 20:11 (165 days ago) @ Kermit

but I wish he knew Bungie lore halfway as well as he knows Destiny lore

I thought the oddball being Captain Keyes was common lore, and who the hell doesn't know Ling-Ling?! But, again, that's sort of a sign of the change both in Bungie and the community. How would anyone who jumped on board with Destiny know Ling-Ling? Do they even know the Webmaster? That stuff just doesn't happen any more. Maybe there are new in-jokes I'm not aware of, because, even for as long as I played Destiny, I wasn't connected to Bungie the same way I was during Halo.

Regardless of his Bungie lore knowledge, and as much as I enjoyed listening to Lorraine, I didn't find this to be a super compelling interview. I'll give him a bit of a break on interview prep, because I think it really was supposed to be a more casual chat than a proper interview, but even so, it feels like someone a little more skillful at doing that could have extracted a lot more here. And I'm not talking about juicy details of current Bungie; I just mean more of the stories Lorraine seemed willing and eager to tell. It seems like every time it started to get really interesting, he pulled her in a different direction instead of just letting her continue or asking compelling questions to dig deeper.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread