Interesting. (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:44 (139 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All I can say is that it is the only service based game, from the classic MMOs to the modern looter shooter, to make me continually log in every day, even if only for a few minutes, and to continuously satisfy me in both amounts of gameplay and amounts of story delivered.

For me, at this stage in my life, I do not want to be 'satisfied'. I want to be in awe. I want to be changed and challenged. I want to have a profound experience. I want my imagination to blow up.

I don't want gaming comfort food. I want a meal I'll remember forever.

The overall experience I've had and will have had by the time this game is over is one no game will ever beat. It can not be compared to a meal because it is a "diet." No one will ever be able to replicate the effect that diet will have on you with a single meal or even an entire series of meals once every few years. It is an entirely different kind of experience.

That said, the analogy you just made has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of outlook I'd started this thread with. The kind of person I talked about with my first observation is the antithesis of you. They do not want to have a profound experience or be transformed; they simply want their time to matter toward something tangible other than the moment itself. The experience itself is not enough, nor is its personal impact. It needs to have a material impact, one that will manifest itself in the game at a later point in time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread