Halo Season 2, Ep 4 (Fan Creations)

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Friday, February 23, 2024, 10:31 (63 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Really liking season 2, for the most part, and episode 4 was the best so far.

My biggest gripes are still the silver timeline interpretation of Spartans, and the character of Master Chief.

Spartans were something else entirely in the original canon, and turning them all into Captain Americas has taken something unique and interesting out of the universe.

And Chief is just... a totally different human being than the one I've known for 20 years. Chief from blue timeline isn't angry, paranoid, and regularly insubordinate. And while he definitely has a reserved snark... it's never used in the disrespectful way this guy gives people attitude. It's just not the same character, and I don't get why they're going this direction with his writing. Chief needs to be a sympathetic character by the time we reach Alpha Halo and wander around with him down empty Forerunner corridors, and I just don't see them making this character likable by then.

But I honestly think everything else is working for me. The world and presentation feel right in this season.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread