Multiplayer (Off-Topic)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 19:33 (3747 days ago) @ ZackDark

Dude seriously. You clearly didn't understand a word of what I said. Please have the decency to either ask for clarification, or else just don't post.

I'm pretty sure that, while he is talking about a possible thread of thought you could have had, he was just making good fun while making a remarkable metaphor.

As for multiplayer, you'll be the first to read when I finish. Basically, multiplayer games are less complex and meaningful competitions than real sports, so fail on that level. Additionally, they are inferior to Single Player when it comes to immersion, also causing them to fail on the level of what makes a video game interesting and indeed art.

While I am very interested in what you have to say, I already disagree with your first premise, but agree with the third and am indifferent to the second.

Regarding the second, try playing Dishonored then throw in some Planetside 2. I mean, I get why people like PS2, but it's just no where near what Dishonored accomplishes.

EDIT: Maybe this is just me personally though. Not sure. New ideas brewing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread